• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antshiel
    Didn't noddy have a car like that?
    Dunno, was he a forum menber?
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      Cheers Vince, plenty of time for the neons and bubble tubes that black hose is the return i think Matt, the feed is via the banjo pipe,
      You must be the cam belt expert warrior it was so easy just could'nt believe it, it is much easier without all the other stuff in the way, the hardest bit believe it or not was refitting the cover, the sodding rubber gaskets kept fallin off into the pit, i ended up superglueing em on the cover,

BTW is there a gasket on the filler neck? dont remember one, need a new cap and thermostat as well,
      gasket on the filler neck? if you mean where the cap sits then no,the seals in the cap sort that out mate,just make sure its clean (which judging by your pics it will be lol.....cambelt expert maybe yes,head gasket expert.....still working on that one but i have got it down to 2.5 hours to remove the head now!!!!by god ive had enough practice!!!
      DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
        gasket on the filler neck? if you mean where the cap sits then no,the seals in the cap sort that out mate,just make sure its clean (which judging by your pics it will be lol.....cambelt expert maybe yes,head gasket expert.....still working on that one but i have got it down to 2.5 hours to remove the head now!!!!by god ive had enough practice!!!
        Yup where the whole asembly bolts on, 3 studs, dont think there was, the surfaces were just shiney, dont trust it without a gasket tho, think i'll make one plus some hermitite should do it,
        Well lets hope you dont have to have the head off again in the near future

Comment

Yup where the whole asembly bolts on, 3 studs, dont think there was, the surfaces were just shiney, dont trust it without a gasket tho, think i'll make one plus some hermitite should do it,
          Well lets hope you dont have to have the head off again in the near future
          there isn't any gasket on them .The rubber ring that fits over the thermostat is what seals it
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            there isn't any gasket on them .The rubber ring that fits over the thermostat is what seals it
            Yeah just realised that when i had another look at the stat,
            is there a lower opening temp one i can fit? believe i read that the 3lt ones no good for the 2.4,

Comment

You just need to enhance the exterior now Ian
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Yeah just realised that when i had another look at the stat,
                is there a lower opening temp one i can fit? believe i read that the 3lt ones no good for the 2.4,
                Yeah, whatever a certain grease monkey may say, the 2.4 and 3.0 'stats are a different size, physically. Dropping the temp rating wouldn't benefit you anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                  Yeah, whatever a certain grease monkey may say, the 2.4 and 3.0 'stats are a different size, physically. Dropping the temp rating wouldn't benefit you anyhow.
                  Im sure i dont know WHO you mean!
                  ok 2.4 one it is then

Comment

Working...
                  X