Progress at last,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress at last,

Right, done the cam belt this morning, it went on soooo easy i thought this cant be right, i've done summat wrong, could'nt cut the old belt as suggested and slip the new one on as the fuel pump pully has a plate fixed to it so you have to put the belt on over that, mine has a dummy mark on the cam pully so i can see how easy it was for charley to do what he did, especially if your hurrying a bit, turned the engine over umpteen times cos i could'nt believe i got it right, (well hope i have) marks lighned up ok each time,
    Showed the crank pully to a mate who's a mechanic and he said it looks ok but you cant really tell, so as it was fine before i started i refitted it but i put two yellow marks on it and gonna extend em on the outer pullys so i can keep a check on em, any slippage and it aint too much of a prob to change it, especially as the air cons not there anymore,
    So done well today, cover back on, pullys, belts in place and most of the hoses, just need some smally jubelee's for the turbo cooler hoses, also fitted the remote oil "T" up on the bulkhead,
    Now for that viscious fan thing

Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Excellent.

Time to fit the under bonnet neons now then!

Comment

Ian, that black hose on the bottom of the turbo. Is that the oil return line to the sump or the feed to the turbo?

Comment

christ wheres me sunglasses,very nice mate,ive done my timing belt four times in the last month, sure looks easier without the air con pipe getting in the damn way,and the rad/grill out of the equation, nice job.
        DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Cheers Vince, plenty of time for the neons and bubble tubes that black hose is the return i think Matt, the feed is via the banjo pipe,
          You must be the cam belt expert warrior it was so easy just could'nt believe it, it is much easier without all the other stuff in the way, the hardest bit believe it or not was refitting the cover, the sodding rubber gaskets kept fallin off into the pit, i ended up superglueing em on the cover,

BTW is there a gasket on the filler neck? dont remember one, need a new cap and thermostat as well,
          Last edited by POPEYE; 19 May 2007, 17:43.

Comment

flippin heck ian,nice job mate.it gets better and better every time i see it.so are you gonna wear a gas mask for the first couple of hours driving.i should imagine the fumes from the burning paint would be horrendous.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Hehe i'll ask Matt, i think he into "those" masks yup it's gonna stink a bit when (if) it fire's up,
              Just been through "that" fan thread and all the sodding pictures have dissapeared,

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                Hehe i'll ask Matt, i think he into "those" masks yup it's gonna stink a bit when (if) it fire's up,
                Just been through "that" fan thread and all the sodding pictures have dissapeared,
                i think dave (joker has a spare mask.)
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein

there's a pile of 'em in the cellar, I saw them the last time I was down there.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    there's a pile of 'em in the cellar, I saw them the last time I was down there.
                    Are they rubber ones?

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                      sorry ian aint got a spare mask mine is in constant use val says.................
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Didn't noddy have a car like that?
                        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Re

PMSL@Antshiel

LOL!

Gary

Comment

There's some pics of the viscous coupling here Ian:

http://outgoing.bauchan.org/toyota_s...miscellaneous/

as well as other bits and bobs. You ain't all escaping the blue fan pics that easily.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                              There's some pics of the viscous coupling here Ian:

http://outgoing.bauchan.org/toyota_s...miscellaneous/

as well as other bits and bobs. You ain't all escaping the blue fan pics that easily.
                              Cheers Matt! i'll inhale the other remarks did they mean noddy holder

Comment

Working...
                              X