Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlighten me on Lights!

Hello all,
    I'm currently trying to freshen up my ride so...
    I've been looking at replacing my front bumper indicators and the rear light clusters on my '94 SSRX 3.0 TD.
    Can anyone tell me if the bumper indicators from a '96 model would fit on my '94?
    Also, there are rear light clusters advertised as "Lexus style" but again only for '96 onwards. I see that there is a lug on the top of these lights, but does anyone know if the clusters are basically the same shape for both these models and could possibly be adapted to fit?

Any thoughts guys?

Also, does anyone have a set of electric door mirrors for sale, or a rear spoiler?

Thanks
    Last edited by TOYOTATONY; 19 May 2007, 23:07.

You could always just buy a 96.

Honestly though, it's a classic, leave her alone.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY
      Hello all,
      I'm currently trying to freshen up my ride so...
      I've been looking at replacing my front bumber indicators and the rear light clusters on my '94 SSRX 3.0 TD.
      Can anyone tell me if the bumber indicators from a '96 model would fit on my '94?
      Also, there are rear light clusters advertised as "Lexus style" but again only for '96 onwards. I see that there is a lug on the top of these lights, but does anyone know if the clusters are basically the same shape for both these models and could possibly be adapted to fit?

Any thoughts guys?

Also, does anyone have a set of electric door mirrors for sale, or a rear spoiler?

Thanks

Have a look on RoughTrax (www.toyotahilux.com) and you can always call Barry there, he's really helpful.

Not sure about whether the later model lights etc. will fit without modification - but I bet a few people on here can tell you...

Do we get to see pics?
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

If those rear lights you saw were on flea bay then I can tell you they definitely don't fit a 96 on 3rd gen, I don't know what earlier model they do fit though. The description doesn't match the light pictured, someone on here will know by the lug on top what they fit. Bit of a gamble though and I'm still waiting for a refund on the ones I sent back, but thats another story.......
        Anyway its a two by four most of the time....

Comment

There are aftermarket lights for the 2nd gen available on fleabay, tonyN does a few at www.4x4toys.co.uk , roughtrax may or may not www.toyotahilux.com , i can't remember. There are a few about i'll come back with more links later, i think the general concensus has been that cheap fleabay lexus style lights aren't up to much, and the best you're going to get is the clear ones, i think pops has them on his truck.

I'll come back with more links later.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Hi guys,
            Wouldn't want any other surf, at least not yet. Why?
            Well, back in late 2003 I was the first UK owner of a '94 ssrx.
            Within 6 months my wife and I decided to move to France, so I sold it.
            France was a disaster and so we then tried North Cyprus. I loved it but my other half didn't and so we moved back here Jan this year.
            I decided that I wanted another surf and so 'surfed' the internet (sorry, couldn't resist) and low and behold, I came across an add for the very same surf I had owned before. 400 miles later, I was back home with my old friend.
            She hasn't been cared for quite like it should so having sorted the important bits, I just want to add a few subtle bits & bobs like remote central locking, parking sensors, new lights and upgrade the audio etc.
            Once I have finished, (she will still look pretty much the same) I will post a few pics.
            Thanks for your comments so far, especially regarding 'fleabay'. That is where I'm looking as well as other places.
            Regards.

Comment

i have heard that the fleabay lights are no good as they will let water in after a while and cause probs with the light electrics.Myself i would go to Tonyn or roughtrax and you know they will be good
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi guys,
                Wouldn't want any other surf, at least not yet. Why?
                Well, back in late 2003 I was the first UK owner of a '94 ssrx.
                Within 6 months my wife and I decided to move to France, so I sold it.
                France was a disaster and so we then tried North Cyprus. I loved it but my other half didn't and so we moved back here Jan this year.
                I decided that I wanted another surf and so 'surfed' the internet (sorry, couldn't resist) and low and behold, I came across an add for the very same surf I had owned before. 400 miles later, I was back home with my old friend.
                She hasn't been cared for quite like it should so having sorted the important bits, I just want to add a few subtle bits & bobs like remote central locking, parking sensors, new lights and upgrade the audio etc.
                Once I have finished, (she will still look pretty much the same) I will post a few pics.
                Thanks for your comments so far, especially regarding 'fleabay'. That is where I'm looking as well as other places.
                Regards.

Where abouts in North Cyprus did you go to? I lived in Nicosia for a year when I was serving with the UN. I used to go to Kyrenia quite a bit, such a lovely place.

As far as the lights go, have you spoke to your local Toyota dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                  Where abouts in North Cyprus did you go to? I lived in Nicosia for a year when I was serving with the UN. I used to go to Kyrenia quite a bit, such a lovely place.

As far as the lights go, have you spoke to your local Toyota dealer?

Hi,
                  We bought a villa on the sea side of Karsiyaka about 18km west of Kyrenia.
                  I thought it was a great place even with it's problems. My wife just couldn't handle it.
                  My local Toyota dealer doesn't seem too interested in Surfs. I think that between Roughtracks and Milners, I should be able to get myself sorted.
                  regards.

Comment

Bumber?

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      i have heard that the fleabay lights are no good as they will let water in after a while and cause probs with the light electrics.Myself i would go to Tonyn or roughtrax and you know they will be good
                      I've had two sets from eBay now, and both sets have been fine. The wifes have been on for 2 years now with no signs of water ingress or discolouration. I guess you could be unlucky and get a $$$$ set...
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        Bumber?
                        I was trying to resist mentioning it.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Bumber?
                          There's always one on every site isn't there?

Forgive me for not being perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                            I've had two sets from eBay now, and both sets have been fine. The wifes have been on for 2 years now with no signs of water ingress or discolouration. I guess you could be unlucky and get a $$$$ set...
                            Thanks for that Apache. Others have said they are ok though a bit to do with the wiring on one set. I'll have to give it some further thought.

Regards

Comment

There's always one on every site isn't there?

Forgive me for not being perfect.
                              What, a bumber?

Comment

Working...
                              X