No announcement yet.

thought they had to be handed in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, mine's still in place too. I guess if it were to go off the insurance company wouldn't be too impressed.

Maybe if I remove it I can use the little clip to hold a bottle of Jack Daniels...
    Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You Sir are drunk!"
    "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      have you disposed of it
      Yes, and it was FUN

Comment

An ex copper who now works tracing ringers and stolen cars etc, gets into the local. If I see him tonight I will quiz him on the rules for the flares and find out what to do with them.

Pyros like these could be lethal if they go off in the car.
        Phil.

Comment

what are you all so worried about? they're no more dangerous than a box of matches.

take off the lid, strike the end against the brown bit on the lid, and it burns for about 20 minutes with a red flame... that's it..
          thay don't "go off" and i didn't notice any explosives.
          they're not a flare like you get on boats, just a warning marker to put on the road if you break down, like a warning triangle
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
            what are you all so worried about? they're no more dangerous than a box of matches.

take off the lid, strike the end against the brown bit on the lid, and it burns for about 20 minutes with a red flame... that's it..
            thay don't "go off" and i didn't notice any explosives.
            they're not a flare like you get on boats, just a warning marker to put on the road if you break down, like a warning triangle
            Burning being the operative word, and strike is what they can do if you have a bad bump.

Have you seen how fast a car goes up in flames. I believe they are also made to keep burning even in the wet so if it does strike then you are stuck with it for the duration.

I have spoken the the ex copper and he believes them to be illegal here and suggests you hand them to your local plod. (if nothing else it will give them a problem to solve

Phil.

Comment

Damn! our new Toy has one in it still, was gonna let it off at the Pit but forgot!!!!!

Someone remind me at Reading!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H

I have spoken the the ex copper and he believes them to be illegal here and suggests you hand them to your local plod. (if nothing else it will give them a problem to solve

Phil.
                I don't buy this, how come I can buy them to put in my boat, and tow it around on the trailer, but can't have them in the car?

Like Matt said, there are only lame marker flares, like glorified sparklers, the boat flares go up like a rocket and are much more impressive.

More chance of a box of matches going off in a crash.

Take it in to the local station, and you'll be marked for life as a terrorist and be followed around all the time!!

Comment

I got one o' them thingys, I wondered what it were for, had an inclin but wern't sure. keepin it though, might need it one day.
                  [SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Mines in the garage, and its stayin there !

Comment

I've done mi usual bone idle lazy git thing.... I read the first thread, browsed through, posted, then strarted reading about the possibiltiy of em blowing up in the motor How come they don't blow up in other countries then? or do they????? still keepin it, beats carryin' a baseball bat.
                      [SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H
                        Burning being the operative word, and strike is what they can do if you have a bad bump.

Have you seen how fast a car goes up in flames. I believe they are also made to keep burning even in the wet so if it does strike then you are stuck with it for the duration.

Phil.
                        yeah, they could strike against the plastic lid!
                        some people are just out to worry each other!

Comment

I am saving mine, I think we should save them for 5th Nov and let them off at 20.00 and have our selves a surf flare trail across the country.

Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                          My choice
                          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                            I am saving mine, I think we should save them for 5th Nov and let them off at 20.00 and have our selves a surf flare trail across the country.

i'll have to buy one off ebay!... first thing i did was set mine off! oops!

Comment

ebay are really strict! Recent items have included a SAM ( Surface to Air Missile) and F16 Fighter
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                                ebay are really strict! Recent items have included a SAM ( Surface to Air Missile) and F16 Fighter
                                Bwahahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X