No announcement yet.

Calling All Truckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh when I waz a lad .............................. ......

and Scammel wheel nuts was a description for no I will keep it clean
    Last edited by Highlander1; 18 May 2007, 19:33.
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1
      Been a busy week this week, I'm now the proud owner of .............................. ...................My Heavy Goods Licence ! Woohoo !

Now all i need to know is....................

Whats a Tacho, Wots it do, how do you work it, Is there a course ?
      Which companys are the best ie. Food, Tippers, Steel, Skips, Removals, etc
      If theres anyone on here that does it for a living, Plz shed some light for a newby and send some guidance this way.

I had enough of covert security and close protection and wanted something more down to earth, so i took my PCV test, passed and got a job on the busses around town. I have since decided that.......i hate the public.........and they smell ! And i Feel like a hamster in a cage behind a safety screen. And when someone had thrown up at the back on a weekend, we had to clean it ! SOD THAT ! so after being offered redundancy in January, I SNAPPED IT UP INSTANTLY!

So now i have gained my Class 2 and am venturing into the darkness as i don't know ANY drivers to chat with about the job. There must be someone on here that is willing to help a Rookie

dont do removals its a $$$$z job [matt lol ]plenty of graft !!!!tacho's paper] are easy you will soon pick it up just be careful of the hours you drive and the weight you carry my lorry was well overloaded today if you get caught big fine
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

ohh, so i guess your employers don't decide ur hours then. and as for weight, how can u tell ur overloaded ?
        !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

ohh, so i guess your employers don't decide ur hours then. and as for weight, how can u tell ur overloaded ?
          hours you will be able to sort ie rest breaks etc ,weight is looking at your truck ie tyres handling etc in the removals its a guessing game
          but police will take you to weighbridge if it is obvious
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I used to do 7.5T multidrop stuff years ago then load the artics full of cargo for Heathrow, If there was'nt enough room i was TOLD to take a wagon as well or lose my job 24 hours driving nearly killed me. The final straw was a 6am start unload 3 trailers from Heathrow then do a Birmingham run return at 11pm. I refused & told them to stuff it. I never went back.
            I then drove 7.5 tonne tippers which was a piece of cake. That was back in the 80's
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

i quite fancy the tippers as you see them zipping about all over. i have been told that you have to work for your money but im not affraid of that ! the harder you work, the faster your day, the closer to retirement !

Comment

i quite fancy the tippers as you see them zipping about all over. i have been told that you have to work for your money but im not affraid of that ! the harder you work, the faster your day, the closer to retirement !
                You'l be able to play on some pits & quarries too.
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

LOL, i've had my Sumurf for nearly 3 years now and STILL never been off road in it !

Comment

LOL, i've had my Sumurf for nearly 3 years now and STILL never been off road in it !
                    You can even HANDBRAKE turn Tippers when they're empty.
                    You need a BIG space though & dont let the boss catch you
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

they didnt teach me how to do that during my lessons that ! lol

Comment

To start with All I got was store deliveries offered on passing,

I wanted to do either plant work
                        (low loaders and simmilar)

One of my last was cattle and grain off the fields which is good
                        in that your not hanging around
                        NDC's all over the country,
                        waiting to be tipped,

but not-so-good
                        as your working for
                        agricultural types,

and they're terrible for wages

General hauliers would be my choice over again

with some variation in work

Comment

tippers are OK, although plod are always on your back over leaving mud all over the place
                          colour of Diesel in tank
                          & working hours

Comment

After looking around, it seems that no one really wants to employ unless there is a few years experience. Maybe the agencies are the way to start to gain this. There seems to be so many different kinds out there and for different sectors. I guess its a matter of personal preferance at the end of the day. majority of you seem to have done a bit of everything and have your preferances so i guess its gonna be down to....................Me and see what i hate as i havent a clue as to what im letting myself in for ! The only thing i know is......................i like bacon, eggs, sausages, fried bread & Coffee ! ITS A START !!!!!!

Comment

at least the stuff you're transporting can't talk back
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

True ! Unless theres a 3 generations hiding in the back !!

Comment

Working...
                                X