Picked up my new Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my new Surf

..and my neighbour wanders round and says, "Nice truck. Snow tires, they wont last long..." Damn.

So after a bit of research and not being an authority on anything to do with my new truck, it does indeed turn out that I have 275/70/R16 S110 tires, made by Falken for snow. Brand new.

275 seemed quite wide, look nice tho.

If I decide to take them off for the summer (rims for summer and winter sounds like a particularly hard sell for my missus so soon after the initial purchase, but I'll start building the business case around safety I think!), I was wondering what you would recommend as a good 50/50 tire. It's going to get dirty soon, but it does have to get me from A to B daily!

Would appreciate your thoughts. Can I stay as wide as 275?

As far as I know you can. Bet you could've kicked your neighbour. Glad to hear you've got her, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by biglouieuk
      ..and my neighbour wanders round and says, "Nice truck. Snow tires, they wont last long..." Damn.

So after a bit of research and not being an authority on anything to do with my new truck, it does indeed turn out that I have 275/70/R16 S110 tires, made by Falken for snow. Brand new.

275 seemed quite wide, look nice tho.

If I decide to take them off for the summer (rims for summer and winter sounds like a particularly hard sell for my missus so soon after the initial purchase, but I'll start building the business case around safety I think!), I was wondering what you would recommend as a good 50/50 tire. It's going to get dirty soon, but it does have to get me from A to B daily!

Would appreciate your thoughts. Can I stay as wide as 275?
      Some pics would be nice?!?

I can't recommend a good 50/50 tyre but I can tell you the missus is fitted with 265/70/16 colways. seem good enough to me, but then again it hasn't been off road yet.

Mine 3.0td has only got 265/70/15 80/20 Kumho's on.............

....... at the mo!
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650

I can't recommend a good 50/50 tyre but I can tell you the missus is fitted with 265/70/16 colways. seem good enough to me, but then again it hasn't been off road yet.

....... at the mo!
        My missus refuses to wear anything other than quality shoes
        Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650

....... at the mo!
          As requested...New chrome grille to go in later today, if I can work out how to do it! Can't stop grinning. I even created a new driveway for it! Where it's sat was all shrubs and trees 5 days ago! Now its 5 tonnes of MOT sub aggregate and 3 tonnes of 20mm shingle edged with charcoal grey pavers. The wife's chuffed to bits with the new drive. I told her she can have new gates in a weekend if I can have some new tires! She shook her dead. Slowly. I hate it when she does that!

Comment

An excellent choice - both in colour and spec !

Ignore any witterings from those with the old-fashioned versions and common colours ......

PS
            Can I have your wheels and the dinky mirror please ????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
              That must be a sight worth seeing then......
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZv...ootwearQQhtZ-1

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

cheers Bob. I love it. I just stuck the clear indicators in and the side clears as well. Need to change the headlamp bulbs as one is yellow and one is white. Sounds tricky, looking for more info on the forum.

I even love the dinky mirror! It helps me to see my next door neighbours small hedge, so when I reverse, I dont miss it....

Comment

I have Colways 50/50... they where only £55 per tire fitted and the are pretty cool on and off road.
                    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

i thought you'd got a proper truck..... any hoo.....

i'm only jo king mate, nice truck, great brand, is it in primer? if so, what colour is it going to be, may i say burga....erm wine red, is a cracking colour.

The benchmark....

Comment

Shhhhhh, don't tell her that, she'll be taking me to the shoe shop next

Originally posted by max6674
                        I have Colways 50/50... they where only £55 per tire fitted and the are pretty cool on and off road.
                        I knew there was a good reason for keeping them

Originally posted by huff_diggler
                        i'm only jo king mate, nice truck, great brand, is it in primer? if so, what colour is it going to be, may i say burga....erm wine red, is a cracking colour.
                        I was going to say that myself, but you beat me too it. Looks like it could be a shiny club member???

Anyway who cares, great motor..... happy surfing
                        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

thats a really nice looking truck mate.wouldnt mind that myself.
                          www.overfab.uk

Comment

It's shiny for now. But I'm looking forward to getting it filthy.

adj. filth·i·er, filth·i·est

1. Covered or smeared with filth; disgustingly dirty. See Synonyms at dirty.
                            2. Obscene;

heh.

Comment

Working...
                            X