X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbc2 makin green fuel now

they makin green fuel on bbc2
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Two hours to process biodiesel from start to finish. They're taking the p1ss.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lifestyle/tv_and_radio/green/
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Okay. I must be missing the obvious here, but ????

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
          Okay. I must be missing the obvious here, but ????
          i thought i would look about .....no more info on bio........................... .............................. ............YET
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
            i thought i would look about .....no more info on bio........................... .............................. ............YET
            Thought I'd just missed the plot. There's bugger all on that site other than a link to the EA for bio info.

Comment

Thought I'd just missed the plot. There's bugger all on that site other than a link to the EA for bio info.
              Waste of time then
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Waste of time then
                Completely. As per usual, the TV managed to totally screw the basics and any further info up.

Best place for info on the biodiesel is still:

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html

One of the chaps on the Oz site mentioned another site that has info on algae based production of bio as well, but last time I checked that it was sod all use info wise. A sermon with no content.

Comment

apart from other sites mentioned in the bio diesel link...just come across this process that describes the whole lot

http://www.schnews.org.uk/diyguide/h...ebiodiesel.htm
                  Gaz

Comment

Two hours to process biodiesel from start to finish. They're taking the p1ss.

They've got to make it all look extremely difficult and time consuming so that the idiots that are 'taken in' by this B/S won't go dabbling and instead carry on paying through the nose for normal fuel.

More money for Gordon see, sod the environment.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      They've got to make it all look extremely difficult and time consuming so that the idiots that are 'taken in' by this B/S won't go dabbling and instead carry on paying through the nose for normal fuel.

More money for Gordon see, sod the environment.
                      I meant the opposite Vince. For straight filtering the chunks and using as WVO, that time is way too high. For processing as Biodiesel though, that time is way too low.

Comment

That link that Gizmo posted is a prime example. This is just for the glycerine separation:

Quote:

Step 5. Allow the glycerine to settle

Settling takes about 8 hours but since 75% of the separation occurs within the first hour after the reaction immediate separation will be visible. Within 8 hours the glycerine will have fallen to the bottom leaving a layer on top, this is methyl esters, or more commonly referred to as biodiesel

Comment

I visited a commercial bio diesel operation in West Wales a couple of years ago to discuss a potential deal.

Remember, these guys were supposed to know what they were doing......

During the discussions they stated that they had a major problem with one of the by products - the glycerine. So I says 'Refine it and sell it'.

So they say 'What do you mean refine it?'

So I realise I'm dealing the ejits and left them to it!

Even peeps you'd think would know the process are confused.
                          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                            I visited a commercial bio diesel operation in West Wales a couple of years ago to discuss a potential deal.

During the discussions they stated that they had a major problem with one of the by products - the glycerine. So I says 'Refine it and sell it'.

Add some perfume to it and get yourself into the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo

Add some nitric and sulphuric acid to it ........

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                              X