Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed please

Hi all
    I wonder if anyone could help. A freind of mine with a Mitsi. Pajero has just had a new head put on (sounds familiar), when the car came back from the garage the car had not a lot of power so he fitted a new turbo as he was told that was the problem, this hasnt made any difference. The valve timing seems correct
    ( all marks line up etc.) new belt fitted. Everything was OK. before the head cracked. Any ideas anybody.
    Trust your Hound.

Originally posted by Taliesins
    Hi all
    I wonder if anyone could help. A freind of mine with a Mitsi. Pajero has just had a new head put on (sounds familiar), when the car came back from the garage the car had not a lot of power so he fitted a new turbo as he was told that was the problem, this hasnt made any difference. The valve timing seems correct
    ( all marks line up etc.) new belt fitted. Everything was OK. before the head cracked. Any ideas anybody.
    The best idea, is to sell it and get a surf
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Hi all

Not a lot of power? I thought that's how they're supposed to be!

Ahem, anyway, back on topic. Were the fuel injection pipes fitted correctly?

Check for restrictions in the intake system, air filter, tubes ect.

Restriction in the exhaust, potato/banana?

Vacuum pipe off somewhere around the throttle housing?

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
        The best idea, is to sell it and get a surf
        Thanks for that brilliant advice. Is that what army training did for you?
        Trust your Hound.

Comment

Have you tried http://www.pocuk.com/forums/?
          Wax on, wax off

Comment

I had exactly the same fault on mine after head renewed, turned out the mech had got a couple of the vac tubes to the turbo the wrong way round.

Don't know if the mitsi's work on the same principal, but it's worth a look, and a very cheap fix!
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Thanks for that brilliant advice. Is that what army training did for you?
              It teaches you to be direct and to the point
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
              X