New Surfer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surfer....

Right then - I suppose it would be polite of myself to say hello since i've spent the last day and a half reading all your posts in secret!

My name is Stu and I've just collected my Blue N Reg 3.0 SSRX 2 days ago.
    Having previously owned a little fiddly Mazda Eunos and spending most of my time wheel spinning in fields in Hereford, getting stuck on water logged hills in Wales and sinking into muddy pits in Cornwall, I thought to myself "you know what? a rear wheel drive 2 seater convertable really isn't doing it for me".

I've always hankered after something with a bit more "grunt" and to be honest I initially I wanted a Hilux Pickup but after deeper thought I realised that putting my dog in the back of a pickup open to the elements might be a bit cruel if i'm on the motorway.

So the Surf it was- and i'm chuffed to bits with it!

Everyone at my work hates me because they're all mostly "anti 4x4" freaks and I couldn't care less.
    Can't wait put it into 4WD mode this weekend and spatter it with mud. Also going to start adding spot lights and suspension lifts and better tyres and..... the list goes on!! i'm gonna be skint for years to come I can feel it!

Anyway thats me...

Welcome to the Forum. Life just gets better from now on
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Cheers!

I'll try and get some photo's of my machine up so everyone can see what i've bought. Thats if it ever stops bleedin raining up here... its been chucking it down for about a week!

You can look at the piccies when i have them and then you can either take a sharp intake of breath through your teeth like dodgy mechanics do and say something like - "How much did you pay?" etc....
      Or hopefully you'll something positive.

Comment

I'm positive your grin will be a mile wide in a few days !

Welcome to the asylum - you WILL be assimilated .......

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Welcome to the club dude.
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Hello & welcome
            Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

sinking into muddy pits in Cornwall, I thought to myself "you know what? a rear wheel drive 2 seater convertable really isn't doing it for me".

Where are these muddy pits down here cause i can't find them....

Hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Thod
                Right then - I suppose it would be polite of myself to say hello since i've spent the last day and a half reading all your posts in secret!

My name is Stu and I've just collected my Blue N Reg 3.0 SSRX 2 days ago.
                Having previously owned a little fiddly Mazda Eunos and spending most of my time wheel spinning in fields in Hereford, getting stuck on water logged hills in Wales and sinking into muddy pits in Cornwall, I thought to myself "you know what? a rear wheel drive 2 seater convertable really isn't doing it for me".

I've always hankered after something with a bit more "grunt" and to be honest I initially I wanted a Hilux Pickup but after deeper thought I realised that putting my dog in the back of a pickup open to the elements might be a bit cruel if i'm on the motorway.

So the Surf it was- and i'm chuffed to bits with it!

Everyone at my work hates me because they're all mostly "anti 4x4" freaks and I couldn't care less.
                Can't wait put it into 4WD mode this weekend and spatter it with mud. Also going to start adding spot lights and suspension lifts and better tyres and..... the list goes on!! i'm gonna be skint for years to come I can feel it!

Anyway thats me...
                hi stu welcome to site
                your right about being skint for a while theres so many mods once you get the bug theres no stopping
                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Hi mate and welcome! your dead right there, i've been skint since i bought the SOB, cant see an end in sight either,
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    Hi mate and welcome! your dead right there, i've been skint since i bought the SOB, cant see an end in sight either,
                    But it's all worth it in the end tho ain't it
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                      Hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers

Oi, speak for yourself!

Hi Thod.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                        But it's all worth it in the end tho ain't it
                        Thats wot i keep telling myself, tho it's wearing a bit thin of late,
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hi, and welcome.

Well, if you ain't fixin' it you'll be moddin' it, so I'd apply for that second mortgage now if I were you!

Good luck, he he he.
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

welcome to the nut house
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Welcome mate.

Your right about one thing, you WILL be skint if you own a Surf. Never mind this "alleged" Toyota reliability. You will need to spend a fortune just to keep the thing going for more than a week, but when they do go they do give you a great grin.

Right, who's offering odds on a blown head?????

Later.

Comment

Working...
                              X