Tyres - Apache ST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres - Apache ST

I've tried using the search on Apache but all I get is posts from some bloke in Worcestershire !

Anyway, I've got 4 Apache ST's fitted (Standard 265/70/16) and the Surf's taken to sliding about quite a bit recently when I boot it in the wet ....

Tyre pressures are lowish (30 front, 31 rear) and no changes recently, I'm not too bothered personally but it's Jackie's daily driver and she's a little concerned !

Does anybody know if it's the tyres or more likely to be something else ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

All surfs are like this as the back end is light, She needs to learn to respect it she will get used to it. Some of us DRIFT or POWERSLIDE on roundabouts its good fun when you know how.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

tyre pressures seem ok mate, are they the tyres it came into the country on?
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

It only happens when I'm driving !

It just seems to be a little more extreme lately ......

And strangely enough I did a few revolutions of a local roundabout this morning - kept having to ease off though cos some inconsiderate tw@ts insisted on driving round it at 30 .......

Tyres are not originals - I checked them this morning - Dec02 on the front and Jan03 on the rear, loads of tread too .....

If they ARE contributing to the problem then it will support the grand scheme .....

Also checked the ride height this morning:-

Height to front arch 33.25" rear arch 34.5"

Comparing that to the figures given by lclascaris for his new Toyota springs that's about .75" down at the front and 1.5" down at the back - will that have much impact on the handling ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

It only happens when I'm driving !

It just seems to be a little more extreme lately ......

And strangely enough I did a few revolutions of a local roundabout this morning - kept having to ease off though cos some inconsiderate tw@ts insisted on driving round it at 30 .......

Tyres are not originals - I checked them this morning - Dec02 on the front and Jan03 on the rear, loads of tread too .....

If they ARE contributing to the problem then it will support the grand scheme .....

Also checked the ride height this morning:-

Height to front arch 33.25" rear arch 34.5"

Comparing that to the figures given by lclascaris for his new Toyota springs that's about .75" down at the front and 1.5" down at the back - will that have much impact on the handling ?

It sounds like they are the tyres it came into the country with (Jap) in which case you can expect an 'entertaining' drive when wet

I found mine to have cracks so they went sharpish (didn't fancy a bang when at speed)

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
            It sounds like they are the tyres it came into the country with (Jap) in which case you can expect an 'entertaining' drive when wet

I found mine to have cracks so they went sharpish (didn't fancy a bang when at speed)

Trev
            Nothing wrong with a quick bang!
            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
              Nothing wrong with a quick bang!
              There is when it involves rubber
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Well, rubber is a little kinky, but each to his own i say.
                http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                X