LCD or Plasma wots the difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF
    Thesaurus. And it's dictionary addict. A thesaurus contains synonyms.
    SYNONYMS are they Dangerous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      SYNONYMS are they Dangerous
      Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        As title , what is the difference and which is better . Looking for tv soon and have the chance of a wall mounted one . They all seem to vary from cheap to 'I need to sell a kidney' price but I dont know which to consider .
        Oi you aint got time to look at the TV. Now get off your bum and get that packing done....

@ Tam..there that told him didnt it, got to keep the old boy active now that he is a man of leisure
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Overhead projector?

If you just want a big screen, ever thought about a projector and screen? much cheaper than lcd or plasma screens, my picture projects @ 120" diagonal and is capable of going to about 300" (given enough projection distance), only downside is room needs to be darkened in daylight.
          Doug.
          Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!!!

Comment

I'll have to put it on the scales to convert it to lbs . . Do they still make them in black and white ?
            2.2lbs = 1 kg roughly
            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by L3Mm1n6
              If you just want a big screen, ever thought about a projector and screen? much cheaper than lcd or plasma screens, my picture projects @ 120" diagonal and is capable of going to about 300" (given enough projection distance), only downside is room needs to be darkened in daylight.
              Doug.
              He he , I'll get a popcorn machine, and Trolley Dolly for the ice cream . Pearl and Dean time .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

like this??
                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Sainsburys are selling Sony Bravia 42" LCD for £800. I think it's the 42", not to sure, but still a bargain.

Comment

Finally got one sorted . Went to Currys and got a 32" LCD Panasonic + DVD recorder with intregated digital tuner + black smoked glass stand for £699 . Very happy with it.
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Finally got one sorted . Went to Currys and got a 32" LCD Panasonic + DVD recorder with intregated digital tuner + black smoked glass stand for £699 . Very happy with it.

ooooooh how the other half lives
                      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

As title , what is the difference and which is better . Looking for tv soon and have the chance of a wall mounted one . They all seem to vary from cheap to 'I need to sell a kidney' price but I dont know which to consider .
                        Hi Vagrant,
                        Nobody seems to have mentioned the HD TVs in Plasma & LCD.
                        Many TVs now come with the term "HD Ready", but not all! Though you may not need HD just yet, you might want to consider this point. If you do see "bargain offers", make sure it is at least "HD Ready".
                        I say "at least" as HD Ready does not always mean you'll get the best quality rating HD TV. Most bargains around at the moment, though not all, are 720 lines. To get the best, you need to look at 1080 line TVs. (1080p)Cost more but quality is noticeably better in my view, especially Blacks. Also, look to see how many HDMI slots there are. Depending on what you want to hook up, you may need two slots.
                        As for wall mounting: the wall plate you need will depend on the TV size as well as weight! There are I believe 3 different rated wall plates that cover most applications, though there are many other "mounting arms etc. for smaller TVs & Monitors.

Having said all that, as we all know, technology moves on with lightning speed and just to throw a spanner in the works, SED TVs are set to hit the market by the end of this year!

If one believes the claims of manufacturers, SED TVs will knock Plasma and LCD into a cocked hat!

You might want to pop in to your local WH Smiths and pick up the latest copy of 'What TV' or something similar. Handy info in some of them and some great bargains!

Regards

Comment

Working...
                        X