Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Read! Nitromors Advice!

Right,

If you are using this mental chemical please wear eye protection!

I was stripping the laquer off my last wheel today and ended up doing Michael Flatley's Riverdance around my driveway for a solid 15 minutes!

My GOD, the agony was unbelievable!

At one point I was actually afraid to open my eye because I firmly believed that it had melted and was running down my cheek!

The neighbours ran out thinking that I had been shot because I was writhing around in agony and whimpering like a puppy!

Anyhow, being cocky I thought "I don't need goggles today because I am now a professional wheel stripper as I have done 4 without incident, boy was I WRONG"!

I little "flick" in the wrong direction with a 1/2 inch paintbrush and AAAAAARRRRGH!

After the inital shock and rolling around I ran into the house and plunged my head into a sink full of cold water, thank God the pain slowly started to ease!

It is now 4 hours later and my eye looks ok apart from now being Ferrari Red but it is still throbbing like a Spitfire's engine!

So, be warned!

WEAR EYE PROTECTION!

Later!

Gary

glad your ok, but you have just nominated yourself you know.... trev's goin g to love this thread
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

I`ve never got that stuff in my eye!! it burns enough on the skin!!!

Comment

Evil stuff, got a flick in mine once, christ dont it hurt, makes you wear goggles next time tho.
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I bet you didnt take the Advice written on the TIN!
          GLOVES & EYE PROTECTION
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Glad you're ok, I had a similar experience with one shot drain cleaner ( 97& sulfuric acid) it blew back into my face from a kitchen sink.

Basically lost a good proportion of the skin on my face and fore head.

Lets just say I ain't as pretty as I used to be.

ALLWAYS WEAR YOUR SAFETY GLASSES!!!!
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I have a spitfire.. never seen the engine throb tho!!!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                glad your ok, but you have just nominated yourself you know.... trev's goin g to love this thread
                Yep
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                X