Looking for a Rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Rad

I posted in 'parts wanted' but I noticed that only seven people had read it in a week and I thought I'd be cheeky and try posting here.

I'm looking for a radiator for a 2.4 auto.

the origional one went a while back, and I replaced it with a milners one which is now falling apart despite being only 13 months old.

I was wondering if anyone had a decent second hand one.

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
    I posted in 'parts wanted' but I noticed that only seven people had read it in a week and I thought I'd be cheeky and try posting here.

the origional one went a while back, and I replaced it with a milners one which is now falling apart despite being only 13 months old.

sorry can't help with a second hand one but roughtrax rads are better quallity than milners
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

I've got a 2nd hand Roughtrax one. Pm me if you're interested and we can sort something out
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave

same happened to mine http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...highlight=rads I'd had it 16 months but after several phone calls i got a refund of 95% so don't just let them tell you it's out of warranty as it,s their rubbish rads.
        www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

Sorry for not getting back on the offer.

My weeping rad turned into a competely failed rad (looks like the bottom tank popped right off.

So I'm going to have to shell out for a new one, due to time.

Comment

We'll, this is getting interesting.

I had the car recovered back to the garage that does my MOT's

They've looked at how the radiator has failed, with the bottom tank coming away, and been on to Milners on my behalf.

Milners are sending someone to look at it in the morning and have promised a replacement if there's no sign of damage. the speed they agreed at suggests that they know about a bad batch perhaps.

The garage are going to get onto them about the labour and coolant replacement bill after that.

So it's a big 'well done' to the garage 'the MOT and Service Center' brooks lane, middlewich. And I'm hoping for a good result tommorow so i can give the wife back her astra.

Dave

Comment

Well, Happy days.

The new radiator from Milners is on, and it seems the be made of around trice the thickness of metal, so it looks like they have a new manufacturer these days.

I've run it just with soft water for 100 miles or so and it isn't loosing any, so I'm going to give it a last flush and fill it with 30% ethylene glycol and it's job done.

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X