unhappy with millner off road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unhappy with millner off road

Just got off the phone with millner about 2 UJs for propshaft on my 2.4. I cant grease them, the nipples r to close to the bearings. I told millner about this and they know about it and they say they r all the same, but still sell them. I told them they should have said something about it cos i would not have got them from them if i had known about it. The woman on the phone said the saleman may not have known about this lol, they sall 1000s she says. How can u not know about it.

I asked for my money back I got a big fat noway, I was told to grind down my grease gun to fit. I am not happy about this when i spend so much with them. I will not be using millners no more, they can stick there $$$$ parts where the sun does not shine. I am one unhappy surfer.

Ujs from millers r $$$$ dont buy them
    Last edited by ohsupremebeing; 9 May 2007, 21:58.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

how did you pay?
    If its on a visa credit card complain to the card people.
    I have a barclay card and did it and got my money back.
    You can also do it through things like paypal etc.

Comment

Originally posted by truckarms
      how did you pay?
      If its on a visa credit card complain to the card people.
      I have a barclay card and did it and got my money back.
      You can also do it through things like paypal etc.

i used my visa debit card i will give them a ring
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

They know about it, I bitched about it about 2 years ago! This was one of the reasons why Roughtrax get all my business when ever possible now.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

They also put their prices up Verbally but the WEBSITE has'nt been updated
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

OK just don't get me started about Millners, still get the hump about the rad I mistakenly bought from them.
            www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

i still haven't had my refund from them dating back nearly 3 years.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                i still haven't had my refund from them dating back nearly 3 years.
                Who were you dating, and why did you have to pay?
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  They know about it, I bitched about it about 2 years ago! This was one of the reasons why Roughtrax get all my business when ever possible now.

i stayed away from roughtrax for a year due to them being more expensive until i realised you get what you pay for!!!
                  rear springs from milners that sagged after a year,called and told them and all i got is well weve never had any complaints bye

ive spoken to roughtrax(barry?) on the phone and ordered shox/springs/steering dampers so far and am very very happy with the quallity and above all the service
                  nothing is ever too much trouble and they have time to advise and disscus what you want
                  im ordering new 16" wheels this/next week and know i dont have to worry because they will be delivered when they say and the quallity will also be ok
                  at the end of the day................ it gets dark

Comment

found that millners are ok for filter kits and thats about that.

anything else i use barry at roughtrax.

my tupansworth

cheers scotty

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy
                      rear springs from milners that sagged after a year,called and told them and all i got is well weve never had any complaints bye
                      Is that +2" or +20% springs?

I've got some +20% sitting in a box ready to be fitted, from the feedback on here they sounded like what I wanted, return to standard and won't sag.
                      Wax on, wax off

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
                        Is that +2" or +20% springs?

I've got some +20% sitting in a box ready to be fitted, from the feedback on here they sounded like what I wanted, return to standard and won't sag.
                        Milner only sell uprated springs, not lift springs. They will get the truck a little over standard height.

No coil will ever not sag, especially if carrying any weight or when it gets compressed/extended a lot while offroading. Just some are better than others.

Comment

Milner only sell uprated springs, not lift springs. They will get the truck a little over standard height.

No coil will ever not sag, especially if carrying any weight or when it gets compressed/extended a lot while offroading. Just some are better than others.

Barry at Roughtrax showed me the new lift springs he's now selling, and they look very much like my standard Landcruiser springs! (Mine are black)

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            Barry at Roughtrax showed me the new lift springs he's now selling, and they look very much like my standard Landcruiser springs!
                            I've fitted a couple of sets, they arn't as tall as the LC springs. (but fit in the spring seats properly ) but get good lift.

There is nothing in it really, LA Supertrux sells good rear coils, Barrys new ones seem to to working out well, even Procomp no longer sell their own rear coils, they now scource them from Oz.

Comment

I've fitted a couple of sets, they arn't as tall as the LC springs. (but fit in the spring seats properly ) but get good lift.

There is nothing in it really, LA Supertrux sells good rear coils, Barrys new ones seem to to working out well, even Procomp no longer sell their own rear coils, they now scource them from Oz.

My springs are standard duty and are made of thinner bar than the blue HD springs.
                              I got the same lift, and my spine doesn't shatter!

Comment

Working...
                              X