Can I just be serious for a moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I just be serious for a moment?

I am an engineer... fully trained, 20 odd years experience.

So is Matt F

So is Surfenstein (Mark)

So are many more here.

I dont want to be too dramatic, but on my walk home from the Nags Head tonight, and on my 4 mile walk there BEFORE beer, I did a lot of thinking about the way things are...

Tonight on the way home there's a full moon sitting low on the horizon. Fully big and yellow shining through fresh blossom on horse chestnut trees round here. Who can fail to be moved to happiness by that eh?

BUT... getting back to engineering...

Going to the moon. What an audacious thing to do! I was walking home looking at the moon thinking 'f*cking hell, we've been there!'

Balls of steel that took. Now though, we would not be able to do that because of EU H&S rules! We still have the skills and knowledge (Vatchman is obviously a brillaint mechy engineer, Matt F (and little ol' me) are brilliant electronic engineers, but we'd be stymied by f*ckin bean counters and H&S!!!

Engineer - "We want to see if we can sit on top of an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile to see if we can go somewhere with NO AIR!"

H&S - ""

That makes me sad.

I live for the hope that we'll get back that exporing nature one day...
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

i'd go for you and bring back cheese....

but EU rules dictate i can only drive for 10 hours... i think it'd take nearer a week!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

Tonight on the way home there's a full moon sitting low on the horizon. Fully big and yellow shining through fresh blossom on horse chestnut trees round here. Who can fail to be moved to happiness by that eh?

mate, there's treasure everywhere.
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

The craziest (is it spelt like that) comment I have heard this year was the idiots at the council telling the fire brigade they could not use a derilict building for fire training because of "health and safety risks"

What a Fecking joke!
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          i'd go for you and bring back cheese....

but EU rules dictate i can only drive for 10 hours... i think it'd take nearer a week!
          I hear you mate...

There's a lot of bullsh1t around these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            mate, there's treasure everywhere.

Comment

Well, that's my credibility as a complete and utter **** going to need some rebuilding now. You almost made me sound normal.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                Well, that's my credibility as a complete and utter **** going to need some rebuilding now. You almost made me sound normal.
                You normal.......Never in a million light years
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Going to the moon. What an audacious thing to do! I was walking home looking at the moon thinking 'f*cking hell, we've been there!'

Its was mankinds finest hour IMHO i have similar thoughts at times, and they did it on a wing and a prayer at times .... and your right todays climate it would never be allowed, there is a healthy need for health and safety but the EU has gone well overboard, its just all admin and procedures. certainly where I work its gone PC mad and our efficiency has suffered...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                    Engineer - "We want to see if we can sit on top of an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile to see if we can go somewhere with NO AIR!"

H&S - ""

That makes me sad.

I live for the hope that we'll get back that exporing nature one day...
                    We tested it first though by sitting dogs and monkeys on the missiles first. Don't suppose you could do that today either. The only reason why we went to the moon was for one country (USA) to get one over on another (Russia) The only way for exploration on that scale is for another country unfriendly to the USA (Iran?) to announce it's going to the moon or maybe further beyond, then H&S would be cast aside in order to maintain sumpremacy. The thing is we know more about space than we do our own oceans. So maybe the next big adventure will be to the depths of the sea. By the way it's exploring not exporing lol
                    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Who saw Horizon on Tuesday night? They have built a machine that is going to recreate the big bang. They reckon they don't know whats going to happen and it could create a black hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
                        The thing is we know more about space than we do our own oceans. So maybe the next big adventure will be to the depths of the sea. By the way it's exploring not exporing lol

So we'll need a few volunteers then ........

How about Red Ken for starters ? (Air bottles not supplied of course)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

So we'll need a few volunteers then ........

How about Red Ken for starters ? (Air bottles not supplied of course)

He's so full of air anyway so he'd survive for ages
                          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

We've been to the MOON!!!???

Comment

(me a brilliant mechy engineer.) ok andy what do you want this time???hehehehehe.but i do know what you are on about when it comes to h&s,i have to walk round with a remote transmiter around my neck this is conected to a flashing strobe and alarm siren outside my workshop,so if i get into difficulties .i.e chop my frigging leg off with a disc cutter,i just press the button and hey presto some one should come to my rescue.
                              Last edited by surfenstein; 4 May 2007, 14:36.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X