Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerFolw

Hi all

My trusty steed is going into the PowerFlow stables tomorrow to have a twin powerfolw jobbie done, which I will take some photos of and hopefully try and post so you all can have a look see!

The cost is about 500 carrots, but I think well worth it, also some might like to no I have been trying out a 50/50 mix with the veggie old! WOOWHOOOOO what a big difference in the running seem to be much more power, and the engine runs sweet, all the rattails have gone, sound all most like a petrol jobbie very much more quieter, and more power, makes me now wonder what sort of $$$$ do they put in the old diesel these days, I'm now going to run 50/50 all the time, there no real smoke to talk about only your normal staring up! and veggies only 50p a litre give it a try and see how much difference it really makes you'll be surprised as I was, I only did after a mate over the road run a 50/50 mix in his surf and all was well, he says what a big difference it made, so I did it, I also have another mate that runs 100% on veggie oil, apart from the winter months when he dose a 70/30 mix, not to sure about running it in the winter myself like that, but he is a bit of an old bal lol, have a nice bank holiday weekend all regards Mike

Stupid question alert!! where do you get the veg oil from? did you make any mods to the truck before trying it?? do you have to register to pay the tax on the fuel?

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler
      Stupid question alert!! where do you get the veg oil from? did you make any mods to the truck before trying it?? do you have to register to pay the tax on the fuel?

If you have a makro card you can get 20l drums of it bout next to nothing there!! YOU DO HAVE to register other wise you get anally raped by HMRC when they find you out!

No mods needed! unless you run 100% in winter! you will have to change fuel filter more often though mate!

Comment

how would they find you out?? the smell of chips from the exhaust?

Comment

Maybe! But they are within there rights to pull you at the side of the road an dip your tank to check for veg oil/ red diesel etc! If they find it you are in trouble....They can chuck a tax bill at you for any amount they feel they want to. impound your truck! You will be in there hands!! Its best not to mess around not paying the tax! its not a huge amount anyway! i think there planning on removing it soon because its too easy to say "yeah i used a litre" pay them like 20p an really youve used hundreds of litres!

Comment

You only get the 'chip' smell if waste veg oil is used (WVO) otherwise, the veg oil you get/use from wholesalers smells rancid coming from the exhaust!

Comment

Black-Feather's Beast

lol Tesco,s as for register, hmmmmm I think we get stuffed enought under govenment bunch of they should pay us, for running friendly fuels

Comment

Thats about it, then they dip you and confiscate your surf and give you a big fine too.

Get registered it's free,
                Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Black-Feather's Beast

No smalls at all well not that Ive noticed, but best to pay the tax, then they can small all they like,

Comment

Originally posted by Black-Feather
                    No smalls at all well not that Ive noticed, but best to pay the tax, then they can small all they like,

Smell!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Smell!
                      TeeHee another nominee
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Look at the thread title

what's a Powerfolw

nominee?
                        Onwards Binky

Comment

Nominated stupid:
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                          X