Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have I killed it

I went offroading today and went through a big puddle (pond),
    the wave of water came up over the bonnet and then as it climbed out it spluttered and died. I tried resarting it a few times and it turned over but wouldn't run then I noticed the exhaust was still under water so I gave up starting it guessing it was probably sucking more up.
    We found a guy with a Range Rover who towed it out (the shame of it )
    Once out the water it started and ran really rough but slowly water came out the exhaust and it ran smoother and now seems to be running fine.

So my question is do you think I've done lots of damage? (other than to the surfs pride over the Range Rover)

Thanks in advance

Darren

No damage, ,the Surf exhaust can hold aprox 25 litres of water / coolant and can take over an hour to "steam" off, great if you need to hide quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
      the wave of water came up over the bonnet and then as it climbed out it spluttered and died. I tried resarting it a few times and it turned over but wouldn't run then I noticed the exhaust was still under water so I gave up starting it guessing it was probably sucking more up.
      Once out the water it started and ran really rough but slowly water came out the exhaust and it ran smoother and now seems to be running fine.

So my question is do you think I've done lots of damage? (other than to the surfs pride over the Range Rover)

Thanks in advance

Darren
      Are you saying you went offroading alone ?

Glad it sounds like the truck is ok.

hmmmmmmmmm

IOTY time coming up
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thanks in advance

Darren
        If it starts and runs, it's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
          Are you saying you went offroading alone ?

Glad it sounds like the truck is ok.

hmmmmmmmmm

IOTY time coming up
          It was close to home with a mate in the car and several people I can call out nearby. I'm not that stupid.
          Darren

Comment

It was close to home with a mate in the car and several people I can call out nearby. I'm not that stupid.
            Darren
            Down this neck of the woods ?

hmmmmmmmm

pray tell me more ?
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

It's the bagshot test tracks, it's MOD land and costs several £000 to rent for a weekend but a mate organises motorbike events up there and needed a 4x4 to help him sort out some of the course, it seemed rude to drive around all the puddles
              Darren

Comment

It's the bagshot test tracks, it's MOD land and costs several £000 to rent for a weekend but a mate organises motorbike events up there and needed a 4x4 to help him sort out some of the course, it seemed rude to drive around all the puddles
                Darren
                This one is borderline .......... IOTY candidate though
                thats 3 with 8 months left...
                www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                  This one is borderline .......... IOTY candidate though
                  thats 3 with 8 months left...
                  I don't deserve IOTY for that, I was less than 5 mins drive from the home of several mates with 4x4's and the range rover was even closer.
                  Maybe for driving too fast through the puddle but weve all done that, I don't think I'm worthy but I'm in the hands of the judges
                  Any more answers to what I might have damaged?
                  Darren

Comment

I don't deserve IOTY for that, I was less than 5 mins drive from the home of several mates with 4x4's and the range rover was even closer.
                    Sorry - me up for IOTY also - but you mentioned RR twice - like you say - ohh the shame of it

Anyway - no one died etc etc etc
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

take the lid of your air box and check the filters not wet and covered in mud!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Maybe for driving too fast through the puddle but weve all done that, I don't think I'm worthy but I'm in the hands of the judges
                        Any more answers to what I might have damaged?
                        Darren
                        There are better ones still to come ...... If you were in there for a while check your diffs for contaimination
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Thanks in advance

Darren
                          you will be fine M8. Mine sucked a LOT of water, and stalled. wouldnt even turn over. the guys at the garage just pulled the glow plugs, turned it over to get the water out, then fired her up. All OK. steamed like a B45T4RD for ages from the exhaust.

I was rescued by a V cool 110. there is s a pic somewhere....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31245
                          If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                            There are better ones still to come ...... If you were in there for a while check your diffs for contaimination
                            I put extended diff breathers on some time ago to well above where the water line was so they should be fine and I changed the air filter, it was dry and didn't look muddy although the pond actually had quite a solid bottom and wasn't that dirty so it may have just dried.
                            Thanks for the ideas
                            Darren

Comment

Working...
                            X