+2/3" Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +2/3" Springs

Out of curiousity whats the main cost difference on doing +4" suspension vs +2" suspension an 2" body lift?

I can get the rod for the body lift for £30 and thats enough to make one 2" and one 1.5" lift kit! the bracket parts i have around so all in say £40ish plus i could sell the 1.5" an make some money back on it! so all in all its a cheap way of doing it. ......BUT

I think id prefer a 4" suspension lift so the "guts" of the truck arn't hanging out the bottom of it.

so far ive worked out cost as

£107.51 for panhard rod drop bracket, diff drop kit an ball joint spacers
    £138.60 for four +4" procomp es3000 shocks (website price)

I cant find any +2 coils or landcrusier springs though!

How much are they?

And is there really any real point in spending a hell of a lot more on another 2+ suspension lift? when £40ish would have the lift complete?

LC springs and coil spacers would give you +4".
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      LC springs and coil spacers would give you +4".
      yeah i know that! Ive got coil spacers. By sunday my truck will already have a 2' suspension lift....im just wondering if i should spend my money on giving it another 2' suspension lift ....

How much are the LC springs?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
        yeah i know that! Ive got coil spacers. By sunday my truck will already have a 2' suspension lift....im just wondering if i should spend my money on giving it another 2' suspension lift ....

How much are the LC springs?
        So a 4ft lift in total!?!?!

" = inch ' = foot

Sorry, didn't know you already had 2" + spacers.

Seem to recall my LC springs were about £60 from Milners.

Comment

So a 4ft lift in total!?!?!

" = inch ' = foot

Sorry, didn't know you already had 2" + spacers.

Seem to recall my LC springs were about £60 from Milners.

Its ok! I didnt mention the spacers! So if you did know i should be worried!!

£60 aint bad! Bumps up total to *drum roll please*

£306.11 for another 2"

seems a hell of a lot of money! Might just stick with the body lift n put the steps back on

Comment

chicken lift it!!! it looks much better!

i have the standard shocks on at the mo (was like it when i bought the truck) am gonna get the es9000 or 3000's when i got some dollar. I have bounced mine round all over the place and they are yet to give up on me so do it in stages if spending all that dough in one go is a problem (with the misses, cos thats usually the problem)
            it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
              chicken lift it!!! it looks much better!

i have the standard shocks on at the mo (was like it when i bought the truck) am gonna get the es9000 or 3000's when i got some dollar. I have bounced mine round all over the place and they are yet to give up on me so do it in stages if spending all that dough in one go is a problem (with the misses, cos thats usually the problem)
              Ah its gunna get lifted mate! have no worries bout that!

its not a problem spending the money! Im only 20 so dont have a misses an im single at the moment anyway!

I am however just a cheap $$$$$$$ and hate spending money on things when somet else "will do"

Comment

Ah its gunna get lifted mate! have no worries bout that!

its not a problem spending the money! Im only 20 so dont have a misses an im single at the moment anyway!

I am however just a cheap $$$$$$$ and hate spending money on things when somet else "will do"

HA HA HA me too! i never throw anything away if i can fix it! even it i cant i still will try and find a use for it!

good luck with what ever you try.
                it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Out of curiousity whats the main cost difference on doing +4" suspension vs +2" suspension an 2" body lift?

I can get the rod for the body lift for £30 and thats enough to make one 2" and one 1.5" lift kit! the bracket parts i have around so all in say £40ish plus i could sell the 1.5" an make some money back on it! so all in all its a cheap way of doing it. ......BUT

I think id prefer a 4" suspension lift so the "guts" of the truck arn't hanging out the bottom of it.

so far ive worked out cost as

£107.51 for panhard rod drop bracket, diff drop kit an ball joint spacers
                  £138.60 for four +4" procomp es3000 shocks (website price)

I cant find any +2 coils or landcrusier springs though!

How much are they?

And is there really any real point in spending a hell of a lot more on another 2+ suspension lift? when £40ish would have the lift complete?

You don't have to use a drop bracket for the panhard rod, you could get your panhard rod lengthened (cut in the middle, three inches of the same spec tubing welded in to make it longer) or threaded (cut in half, threaded in both open ends, threaded bar inserted with two adjusting nuts) so it'd infinitely adjustable.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    You don't have to use a drop bracket for the panhard rod, you could get your panhard rod lengthened (cut in the middle, three inches of the same spec tubing welded in to make it longer) or threaded (cut in half, threaded in both open ends, threaded bar inserted with two adjusting nuts) so it'd infinitely adjustable.

Yeah true! But the cost of the bracket was only about £20 delivered. so its not the brake the bank item!

I think i'll just do the body lift and then mess around with some box section n maybe make some sliders
                    Last edited by RodLeach; 2 May 2007, 22:12.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      so it'd infinitely adjustable.
                      Trev... Oh Trev...

Bushwhacker thinks you can have an infinitely long panhard rod...

Comment

Trev... Oh Trev...

Bushwhacker thinks you can have an infinitely long panhard rod...

Petty!

Comment

Working...
                        X