Radiator???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator???

Still bubbling over here in Switzerland...

The "mechanic" thinks that the radiator isn't cut out for all the climbing that we do, more than 1000m (vert) on some prettty steep hills isn't abnormal. He's trying to find out some info on the radiators on Four-Runners and Hilux variations that do live out here without any trouble...

Anyone got any idea on whether the Surf radiator is different? And anyone put a different radiator in it? Hybrid radiator = end of my problems?
    Surfin' Swiss Style...

Originally posted by Ski_Extra
    Still bubbling over here in Switzerland...

The "mechanic" thinks that the radiator isn't cut out for all the climbing that we do, more than 1000m (vert) on some prettty steep hills isn't abnormal. He's trying to find out some info on the radiators on Four-Runners and Hilux variations that do live out here without any trouble...

Anyone got any idea on whether the Surf radiator is different? And anyone put a different radiator in it? Hybrid radiator = end of my problems?

The auto rad has a built-in transmission cooler at the bottom. As you're doing a lot of hill climbing at I guess low speeds, the transmission fluid isn't getting cooled and the heat is transfering to the coolant.

The only thing that would help your situation is to fit a radiator for a manual truck and a seperate trans cooler. It doesn't have to be a big cooler, maybe 4" high by about 12" long, but it will relieve some heat from the cooling system.

Comment

Working...
    X