Gonna say, sure thats not kms??

I get 200 miles to one tank.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        Gonna say, sure thats not kms??

I get 200 miles to one tank.
        I'm getting 350 miles to a tank. I do however live in the sticks so once I pull out onto the road and get up to 60 I stay at that speed until I reach my destination (at leasts that's the case for all trips within an hour and a half from here). There's no lights, 2 roundabouts and thats it. Must be better for fuel economy than start/stop driving in towns and jams.

Dave

Comment

Yeah, to be fair I filled up before I left home and then again before heading back - so I used the first half of the tank both times - which I agree does last longer than the 2nd half.

I did gun it though - 75/80mph most of the way. Even got up to nearly 90 at some points. Twas a good trip
          WHISKEY!!!

Comment

Better than mine then……..

I get 15 mpg to and from work from my 3:0 V6 Petrol. More on a run though.
            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

mpg

I noticed the last time I did the London to Mancs motorway run with my 2.4 that she goes a clear 25% further if I stay below 60mph instead of 70-75.

usually it was doing a full tank in 280 miles, but using 60mph as a top limit and averaging 55ish it would do 350 miles.

and not sure how big my tank is, but costs £50 or thereabouts to fill. (In UK, costs €45 now )
              Biggus Truckus..

Comment

Originally posted by moono
                Just completed my first 'mainland' trip in my surf - a 430 mile round trip from the Isle of Wight to Alton Towers.

I was a little bit worried about how she would perform on the motorway but there was no need. I used half a tank going up and the same coming back - and I wasn't exactly taking it easy!

Took me a couple of hours to get all the dead flies off last night though

we coming over to your neck of the woods next saturday to do the tennyson trail and some other byways why dont you come along and meet a few fello surfers
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

I've just worked mine out.

After changing my head for the new one I did a tank of fuel, then re-filled right to the top of the filler neck. I added a bottle of 8 treatment diesel reddex also. I did a run to Milton Keynes from Didcot and used it to go to work from Didcot to Thatcham. Half the way to work is country roads with a 10 min stretch on the A34. I was taking it easy doing 60mph until I filled it up again from 1/4 tank.

I put in 49.87 litres = 10.9714 UK Gallons

I did 460Kms (best ever figure by the way) = 285.844 Miles

Fuel consumption for my truck is 26.05 MPG

How other trucks get 40MPG is totally unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                    How other trucks get 40MPG is totally unbelievable.
                    I must have written the numbers down wrong. 26 is cracking though!

Dave

Comment

i rarely get 300kms per tank now
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                      X