Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey...

Originally posted by John h
    Yes I am looking to buy a 3rd Gen Intercooled Surf preferably 99/2000 ,but get smart arse remarks about bl00dy kids , however my hobby is restoring and flying vintage aircraft and am privelidged to have access to a Harvard with a pratt & Witney radial engine .I suppose this is all lost on you so why am I wasting my time ? Go and play with your computer
    Excellent engine, most Havards ended up crop dusting in the US of A and some are in original condition save for the tank addition. Good strong plane, the one that most pilots learn to fly in.

As for play with your computer....I actually had to explain to a 17 year old what bamboo is....thick or what...Still at least you have a 'joy stick' to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
      i havnt been fortunate enough to come close to any sort of aircraft for years. im guessing the 'radial' term is the engine layout - multiple cylinders all opposed with a centre shaft?
      was only meant to be light hearted. sorry i seem to have annoyed you
      Haven't you realised I'm only happy as a grumpy old Git ? I'm always annoyed ! I have to be , I'm a peasant from the lowlands of Doncaster working in the Badlands of Barnsley ! it's the only way to survive ! and when the going gets tough I cry on Mattf's shoulder and he gets me out of trouble !
      So where woz I ?
      Oh back to my 3rd gen Hair Salon
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by The Mechanic
        Excellent engine, most Havards ended up crop dusting in the US of A and some are in original condition save for the tank addition. Good strong plane, the one that most pilots learn to fly in.

As for play with your computer....I actually had to explain to a 17 year old what bamboo is....thick or what...Still at least you have a 'joy stick' to play with.
        I must admit they do take some stick we have just bought a T6 Texan for silly money with an excellent engine ,Thank god they are a forgiving plane I think hand eye coordination went through the window on me 50th birthday Lets just say I tested the undercarriage ...Thoroughly ! Thanx for the lead at Chesterfield btw

Comment

any pictures of the planes?
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Can't you see Im a technophobe ???
            Best thing to do is log onto
            www.realaero.com
            click on Bugle and go to airshow archives, you will find most of our exotic club aircraft in action

Thanx for asking btw

Comment

Working...
            X