Shakey n' Scary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakey n' Scary

I was in bed reading a book and the whole house shook from side to side. It was like sitting in a cardboard box with the walls flapping to and fro about a foot. There was a loud rumble followed by load sounds of falling masonry. Then silence. Then the church bells rang on their own and car alarms went off all over the place. I thought the roof was coming in. (The bells had been left in up position).

The manor house just down the hill lost it's chimney. We have got some cracked plaster, but so far the house is still standing.

Surf not in the debris zone

Glad you and your surf are ok, at least the damage is only a bit of plaster in your case.

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

So what happened? Vatchman drive past to quickly?.....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

You won't believe it

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

so whens the magma goin to start flowing...big bbq for everyone..whole chickens cooked in seconds..

glad to here your alright
          Gaz

Comment

Where abouts are you? I was up and around and I honestly never felt a thing, i didn't know anything about it til i heard it on the news. Glad you're ok though.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

www.overfab.uk

Comment

in medway towns did feel a thing lol me and the misses was up and about then musta been to sleepy still to realise maybe next time ehhhhhhhh

Comment

Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I am in Hythe, 5 m West of Folkestone. Last time there was a big earthquake here was in 1770 something and part of the church (next door) fell down.
                    The Americans claimed yesterday's quake as 4.7 R and epicentre 4 miles N of here depth 10K, the BBC then switched to a UK expert who put it at 4.3 and 12 m East by South East in the Channel about under the tunnel.

You all hear the advice; when in an earthquake get under a table, stand in a doorway etc. When it happens there only time to think "what the f*** is that of SH*T the house has been knocked over by a truck and why hasn't the roof caved in yet."

One of my dazed neighbours I met in the street shortly after was indignant. Her husband (downstairs) thought she (upstairs had fallen over and shaken up the whole house breaking crockery in the kitchen!

Still we can laugh now we haven't had any more, and the channel proved to small for a tsunami.

Today went hunting bluebells for my wife to photograph, she has the same thing about bluebells that Wordsworth has about daffodils. I suppose the two new green lanes weren't absolutely necessary, but they were NICE. Too dry for mud though.

Comment

Ah, you're a bit closer to most of the damage than me then. I know a couple of people in Folkestone, that had roof damage and it took out phone, electric, and gas supplies aswell. Although i understand the gas was shut off as a safety measure rather than because of any infrastructure damage.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Yea we lost the electric for about an hour and the mobile phones were choked.

Breakfast on the camping stove.

Comment

just see how long it takes for the evironMENTALists to blame the motorist for the earthquake. "Too many 4x4s driving round causing ground vibrations" would be a good excuse lol
                          Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
                          X