Rear View Cameras Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear View Cameras Advice

hi!! whats the best rear view camera, seen the one that replaces your r/mirror , and looks ok, theres one that flips out, what do you think???

Originally posted by joymic
    hi!! whats the best rear view camera, seen the one that replaces your r/mirror , and looks ok, theres one that flips out, what do you think???

What do you want one of those for.. ?

(Greetings from Rochdale too... )
    -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

hi max !! were in rochdale???? do u ever pass throuth heywood. o its a gadgit, lol

Comment

hi max !! were in rochdale???? do u ever pass throuth heywood. o its a gadgit, lol

Im a Littleborough lad.. Yeah I pass through Heywood quite a lot, I have a couple of mates down there..

Comment

what colour is u truck ?? mines blue, with the forum site on back window!!

Comment

got a ripspeed camera from halfords, i use it as a reversing camera rather than rear view, and it works ok, it can be a bit bright during the day but it's one of the best i've seen at night. For £80 as opposed to well over a hundred for some of the ones that are about now i think it was a good buy, it's mounted above the tailgate and looking down towards the towbar. It's all hooked up to a JVC KD AVX-1 Headunit with a built in screen about 3" and i can still see enough to reverse up to a trailer or park even in the middle of the night with just the reverse lights and brake lights for illumination.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

cheers nero !! whats the head unit that its hooked up to, have u any pics please, seen some on flebay that replaces u rearview mirror cheers pal ..

Comment

it's one of these, it was phased out last year so if anyone has one left it should be going cheap, i paid £200 from halfords coz i was going to buy the one that replaced it and when they bought it out i said that's last years how much do you want for it, and after a bit of haggling agreed at £200.

ex demo one here http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/4527.html

pics of it mounted although it's not a great pic

if i can i'll get a pic later on with an image from the camera on screen
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

how far do you go in reverse?
                  the only time i could think of making use of a camera is when we were green laning and we couldnt go ahead anymore because it was actually a public foot path, so we needed to turn round or reverse for miles. but still, we managed it with someone leaning out the window and saying the usual - go on, go on, WO!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
                    how far do you go in reverse?
                    not far, i use it mainly for backing onto trailers and parking sometimes. Can be useful offroad aswell.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

what colour is u truck ?? mines blue, with the forum site on back window!!
                      This is mine.. got the forum star in the windscreen and the forum sticker on the boot.

Comment

Working...
                      X