Need Advice: A or Bull bar removal and stuck wheel carrier arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice: A or Bull bar removal and stuck wheel carrier arm

Hi, this is my first post ever, please be kind! I have beautiful green 3rd Gen surf - which is huge and muddy!
    At the moment i can only access back from window opening as the wheel carrier arm has completly locked up. Please advise on what this problem is and how i can fix it.
    Also i have this plastic looking A bar with 2 yellow lights mounted (lights dont work) I would like to remove this completly but cannot find any info on how this is done.
    Thanks for your patience with me, i have tried search facilities but couldnt come up with these answers
    thanks again
    babooshka

i just helped stormforce put his bars on n there was only 4 bolts 2 each side to do, as his bar was in 3 bits n when we put on the middle bar it was just the 4 bolts with nuts on the other side as for the rest i wouldnt have a clue either but hope that helps about the bar

Comment

Originally posted by babooshka
      Hi, this is my first post ever, please be kind! I have beautiful green 3rd Gen surf - which is huge and muddy!
      At the moment i can only access back from window opening as the wheel carrier arm has completly locked up. Please advise on what this problem is and how i can fix it.
      Also i have this plastic looking A bar with 2 yellow lights mounted (lights dont work) I would like to remove this completly but cannot find any info on how this is done.
      Thanks for your patience with me, i have tried search facilities but couldnt come up with these answers
      thanks again
      babooshka
      Hairdresser?

Sorry, it's an 'in' 3rd gen joke. The A bar is easy on the 2nd gen. 4 bolts underneath. I assume it's the same on your truck.

As the the carrier, there's a pin to hold it open on 2nd gens, there isn't something daft like a pin to hold it closed too?

The 3rd gen owners will be along later... once they've finished putting their makeup on...
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Was wondering if house prices are going up around Basingstoke due to the close proximity to Tony and Linda????
        Still Searching,
        Dick Whittington

Comment

Hi babooshka
          Glad to hear of another Surfer in the Basingstoke area! If Tony wasn't on his hols in exotic places he would sort it for you. However, I had exactly the same spare wheel carrier problem on my wife's truck last year - it probably needs the swivel points freeing off and then greased.
          The bull bar is easy - I took ours off a couple of weeks ago for Tony to fit an ATF cooler.
          As you are local I am happy to show you what to do in Tony's absence. Email or PM me and I will send you a phone number.
          Regards
          Keith

Comment

Update - Bull Bar gone!

Hi, Thanks for advice - bull bar came off really easily and not much damage to existing shiny chrome!...wondering to put it in sales section...is there much need for these things?
            So, Need still need advice as to wheel carrier arm - understand i need to grease it but i cant see where to stick it!
            Thanks guys

Comment

Hi, Thanks for advice - bull bar came off really easily and not much damage to existing shiny chrome!...wondering to put it in sales section...is there much need for these things?
              So, Need still need advice as to wheel carrier arm - understand i need to grease it but i cant see where to stick it!
              Thanks guys
              Brylcream might do it, after you've given it a hot oil treatment.HeeHee
              If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

but i cant see where to stick it!
                Thanks guys
                Wish I was closer to Basingstoke... Mmmmm

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Info that you need is here -
                  http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...663#post184663
                  Keith

Comment

Thanks Keith, will try to get one this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Thing
                      Brylcream might do it, after you've given it a hot oil treatment.HeeHee
                      lol
                      The benchmark....

Comment

Thanks Keith, will try to get one this afternoon
                        I bought one last year to sort out the same problem on my wife's truck. You are welcome to borrow it if you want.
                        Keith

Comment

Working...
                        X