Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto box selection light

Hey guys,

Are the gear selection letters supposed to be lit up when the side lights are on? This is on an auto obviously!
    There's no point living if you can't feel alive

yes mate, mine did light up when i got the beast, one of those many many jobs on the to do list.
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

They should light up but they're not that bright. If yours don't you probably have a bulb blown. Not sure how to replace as never taken mine apart.
      Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyman
        They should light up but they're not that bright. If yours don't you probably have a bulb blown. Not sure how to replace as never taken mine apart.
        Its quite simple (but sounds long winded). You remove the arm rest (4 screws, 2 inside the arm rest, and 2 on the transmission tunnel), then you remove the centre console around the levers (2 srews on the transmission tunnel, 1 screw in the hi/lo 4WD selector lever). You now have a choice depending on whether you have small hands or not; Either: get your hand underneath the selector panel and twist the bulb out (it's about 2/3 towards the rear), or undo the three screws that hold the slector panel down and lift it slightly to make it easier to get to the bulb (there is a spring at the front of the selector panel, this will ping off so take note of its position (and where it lands) before lifting the panel).
        Took me 1/2 hour to do my sisters truck, and then 10 minutes to do my own (whats the odds that two vehicles blow the same bulb within 2 days of each other).
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Working...
        X