roof lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof lights

im having some roof lights, just dont know which to go for. a thule set up with the lights, and probably a stuffed toy.. or the light pods. what do you lot think. stick some pics up so i can compare please
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

For me pods are the mutts nutts!!

Just looks smoother and overall better IMO

Pod probably works out a bit cheaper at £100

BUT one warning!!! They are held on by tape which is just cr^p!! No way am i going to trust that! Lucky for me i have a sunroof and sunroof deflector clips so im going to be screwing mine down to the roof!

Comment

poo, i hate the tape idea, and no sunroof in mine. no real hardship to pop rivet it to the roof, but if i knock it off going to have holes unless i buy another..

decisions decisions...

thanks a lot for the pic, i like the look of that
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Not painting them then?????
        They do look soooo tempting
        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

ian 619 did a lovely job on his roof light bar looks proper bling!!made it all himself.. have a look at his posts/pics on it !
          DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

i've seen it mate, looks cracking but just dont have the time to do a decent job of it. can we get a 10 day week??
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
              Not painting them then?????
              They do look soooo tempting
              well the trucks black and there black albeit matt black but....

Andrew ... Im sure theres a way of getting some decent fixings! The actual pod i got was totally different to the one in the direct4x4 pictures, the whole thing is now black rather then a white behind and its slightly more covered!

On sunday im meeting danno and then down to my uncles to install 2" suspension lift and hopefully the rooflights! When they are wired up and properly fitted il get some more shots for you mate!!

Comment

top man, thanks
                TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
                  ian 619 did a lovely job on his roof light bar looks proper bling!!made it all himself.. have a look at his posts/pics on it !
                  That would have been my firs choice, all that polished ally, and a fantastic job too, but time tells me i'm not allowed down that track so second choice is the pod.

Comment

Plus on a positive note..... The pod sits low to the roof (not that it matters in a multistorey car park type way or anything BUT...) which means it looks neat and tidy! With round spots on a roof bar it makes it look like it just came back from disney land and picked up a mickey mouse ear head band!

Im not sure how tidy the wiring is going to look either because im probably going to run it down the driver door seal an theres a few inches between the end of the pod and the door

Comment

now theres an idea, two great big cibie oscars on the outside and some little ones in the middle... and my new Bungle bang smack in the centre....
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                        Plus on a positive note..... The pod sits low to the roof (not that it matters in a multistorey car park type way or anything BUT...) which means it looks neat and tidy! With round spots on a roof bar it makes it look like it just came back from disney land and picked up a mickey mouse ear head band!

Im not sure how tidy the wiring is going to look either because im probably going to run it down the driver door seal an theres a few inches between the end of the pod and the door
                        I think i'm gonna drill a hole inside the pod if (when) i get some and do the same as Ian. Nice n tidy

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                          I think i'm gonna drill a hole inside the pod if (when) i get some and do the same as Ian. Nice n tidy
                          I would do the same mate! I cant or il end up with a mahoosive hole where a sunroof should've been!

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
                            now theres an idea, two great big cibie oscars on the outside and some little ones in the middle... and my new Bungle bang smack in the centre....
                            at least he will get a good view of the road ahead

Comment

bobbly george has the best view. and yes im a little strange at times...
                              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                              X