advise again plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advise again plz

ok most of you know im not mechanically minded but here goes.
    ok i got my rocker cover gasket today from millners boy aint they quick!!!.
    anyway coming back from stormys thursday evening i had aload of black smoke again n truck went up hill at 10 miles a hour, n sounding like a rally car nothing wrong with rally cars but im a surf. ok normally it a exhaust break somewhere. but if it from between turbo n exhaust n there a break will that also make my surf go slower also ive noticed the whistle from turbo is alot longer now than before more like when the high speed train goes past you n it leaves that whistle sound so advise me plz

firstly id check all the air intake/turbo pipes,sounds a bit like youve got one split or loose somehow.then id lay under it with the engine running in park and physically check to see if the exhaust is leaking.. knowing surfs there will be some tell tale black soot near the hole if it is!!
    DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
      firstly id check all the air intake/turbo pipes,sounds a bit like youve got one split or loose somehow.then id lay under it with the engine running in park and physically check to see if the exhaust is leaking.. knowing surfs there will be some tell tale black soot near the hole if it is!!
      i know when i started it the other day down stormys he seen some smoke come from down behind turbo n exhaust think its where they join but cant see it as there like a white'ish shield thing there

Comment

i think there are four heat shields under the bonnet covering the turbo/exhaust manifold all held on with about ten 12mm nuts and bolts.they are fairly easy to undo to check the manifold etc,just do it when its cooled down a bit!!

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
          i think there are four heat shields under the bonnet covering the turbo/exhaust manifold all held on with about ten 12mm nuts and bolts.they are fairly easy to undo to check the manifold etc,just do it when its cooled down a bit!!
          ok m8 ty for the advice but it wont hurt the engine running like that for now or will it n get it done asap?

Comment

if it was mine id investigate sooner rather than later....if not for the fact of any damage it could cause (unlikely but it may damage turbo ) more for the fact of going uphill at 10 mph!!

Comment

ok m8 ty i will asap as wifey in hospi again n i might have to get there quick as im not sure what id be doing i'll see if i can get one of the local forum members to help look as stormy in hospi

Comment

ok found the prob well sort of with truck sounding like rally car, had a look underneath n found 2 bolts had fallen out. so think the bottom part of exhaust fits up into the one coming down put in new bolts to hold it up but still blowing like a rally car so is there a gasket between the 2 bits of exhaust if so where abouts is it? have you any diagrams for the 2.4 turbo diesel exhaust , anyone help on that plz

Comment

Working...
                X