which surf to keep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which surf to keep

I have ended up buying 2 surfs the first is a 3.0 ssr-x linmited L reg (94k miles) this is a lovely vehicle but i feel it might be heavy on fuel ?? the spare wheel carrier puts me off as i have a jetski and loading unloading out of the boot is a bit of a pain also it seems to have bigger wheels and tyres than the 2.4 surf
    The 2.4 surf is j reg with 83k on the clock it has a large sunroof that the other doesn't which i like , i have heard this engine is not as reliable as the other larger engine is this true ?? , is it better on fuel ??

Any tips on the above would be greatly received cheers

Keep the 3!!!

I have 2.4 but next time getting the 3.

Fuel not much difference. Rear wheel carrier means no crawling in the mud when you get a flat. And bigger wheel size seems to have wider range of tyre options.
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I agree, definitely keep the 3.0

Cheers, Nick
      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Keep the 3.0 litre mate! Fuel wise it isn't much different than the 2.4 but the difference in power is very noticable. The 3 litres aren't without their problems but correctly serviced you shouldn't have much bother. The 2.4's are prone to head problems if the cooling system isn't properly looked after. If it overheats you're just about doomed, to quote a phrase 'Once it's cooked, it's fooked!"
        'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Have to agree with the other guy's.....keep the 3 ltr mate. I've got a 2.4 and provided you keep an eye on the temp gauge all the time and don't let it get too high for too long.....well up to now I've got away with it . But trying to fine somewhere safe to pull in when towing a caravan can be difficult at times. As for the fuel question my 2.4 returns about 20 mpg, so cant see that anything can be much worse. But the only question which can be asked for a final decision is 'what colour are they mate'.

Spoggle

Comment

And we all know that Burgundy is best, specially with mud!!
            My other cars a QUAD
            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

as the others said keep the 3.0 unless the 2.4 is gray!!!

or..........

Keep them both and use one as a run around and convert the other to off roading only loads of tips on here about what you could do!!!
              it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

keep them both,have a his and hers.the market seems to be flooded with these trucks at the moment so you wont be looking at a very large sum of money back if you sell either of them.as suggested previously,keep the 3.0ltr for everyday driving and make the 2.4 an offroad monster.oh and take the bits off you dont like AND SWOP THEM OVER ONTO THE ONE YOU DO LIKE.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

definitely keep the 3.0lt mate. I get about 23-25MPG out of mine. I've had to change the head, radiator etc since I've had it, but it now runs smooth as a nut and it's got stonking loads of power. Will keep the grin on your face for ages. Mine has the rear wheel carrier and these are much better in my opinion.

Comment

Keep the 2.4!!!

(well someone had to vote for the 'girl's version')

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                    X