torque on rocker cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torque on rocker cover

is there n can anyone tell me the amount of torque for rocker head when i put on new rocker gasket. as stormy outta action for a while n helps me with advice n teaching me to do things on as im not mechanically minded it scareing the outta me but im going to have a go to do it just to prove i can it might be simple to alot of people but not to me as stormy knows. n rich if you read this before you go in then on way home started to play up when i got to mcdonalds on the a30 up the big hill couldnt get no power up there thought i was going to have to get out n push it n black smoke everywhere n noise has got louder i know it has so cant wait to get it up to tonys when he gets back either that or it was sally's fault with the extra weight of the baby she carrying lol. so please guys as stormy wont be able to help n laid up for a while will you guys help me with advice if i need it plz

Just tighten down firmly. There are metal sleeves which fit in the rubber gasket to prevent crushing. Hope you retrieved them from the old gasket.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
      Just tighten down firmly. There are metal sleeves which fit in the rubber gasket to prevent crushing. Hope you retrieved them from the old gasket.

Nev
      hi nifty i havent done the job as yet im waiting the parts from millners they should be here today n i will look for the metal sleeves

Comment

I think it's 12 NM. I can double check. Make sure you get the Toyota gasket sealant and apply at the front and the back of the rocker cover otherwise you will get oil seep.

Comment

and dont accidently dislodge the aluminium half moon on the back of the head and spend an hour wondering why two litres of oil was pouring out the back of my engine
          DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
            I think it's 12 NM. I can double check. Make sure you get the Toyota gasket sealant and apply at the front and the back of the rocker cover otherwise you will get oil seep.
            yes please m8 if you can id be grateful ty n do i need a gasket sealant i dont know all i know is i got my gasket today n its rubber do i still need a sealant?

Comment

I use a small amount of Hi-temp silicone on the D shaped block at rear and on front section where the cam is. remove D block at rear if leaking or loose, clean and reseal with the silicone. No sealant needed on rest of gasket. Just clean mating surfaces of head and cover thoroughly.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev
                I use a small amount of Hi-temp silicone on the D shaped block at rear and on front section where the cam is. remove D block at rear if leaking or loose, clean and reseal with the silicone. No sealant needed on rest of gasket. Just clean mating surfaces of head and cover thoroughly.

Nev
                thank you nev

Comment

i got the rocker cover gasket done today yipppeeeee i did it n no leaks for the rocker cover now

Comment

Working...
                  X