Mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg

Just did a few quick sums after running my Surf from full tank to empty. it took 55 litres to fill and I did 500kms.

That works out about 25-26mpg through Belfast traffic everyday. I'm pretty impressed with that as I expected worse. My (very)old Range Rover used to average about 12!
    '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

my 3 litre does 300 miles on a tank which costs 40 quid to fill up... haven't worked out the mpg though!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyboy
      Just did a few quick sums after running my Surf from full tank to empty. it took 55 litres to fill and I did 500kms.

That works out about 25-26mpg through Belfast traffic everyday. I'm pretty impressed with that as I expected worse. My (very)old Range Rover used to average about 12!
      thats good
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
        my 3 litre does 300 miles on a tank which costs 40 quid to fill up... haven't worked out the mpg though!
        7.5miles per £1 of fuel,

1 imp gallon = 4.55 litres
        where i live it's 74.5p per litre or £3.38 per gallon
        7.5miles x £3.38 = 25.35mpg

for km's divide by 1.6 to get miles
        mine does 10km per £1 or 6.25miles per £1
        6.25 x £3.38 = 21.12mpg
        Last edited by stara; 11 September 2003, 19:18.
        [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

mpg

well i got 650 ks per tank i think thats brill well happy
          black n tan
          black n tan
          yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

'94 3.0L TD: from looking at the mileage and how much it takes to fill the tank back up to full, it does about 5.1 miles per litre = 23mpg
            @africa4x4cafe
            [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

according to staras calc - I get

6.25 miles to the £1. Cost of the gallon = 75.9 x 4.55 = £3.45.

6.25 x £3.45 = 21.xx. MPG.

Now thats before I welded the exhaust back toghether. so lets see if it imroves.

My tank range is £40 to fill - 400 KMS !!!!

Is that bad ?
              Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Who realy cares!!! you will all still drive your Surfs because they are so good to drive!

I look at it this way - I gave up smoking a few years ago and needed something else I enjoyed to waste some money on!! and this is still cheaper than the smokes.

Phil...

It cost me £45 to tow my Caravan from Gt.yarmouth to Harrogate. I have no Idea what that works out at but I guess it was thirsty!!

Comment

My 94 3.0 TD does about 23mpg around town - but on a motorway run I get about 28mpg. Thats miles better than my old 2.8 TD 4trak.

I just love driving it anyway, I never expected it to be cheap!!
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I just wanted to know if that was average for my Surf.

The way I think of it is that I will ahve to pay for petrol whatever I drive. So the sacrifice i make is the difference between my Sirf;s MPG and what I would get from a boring old Mondeo. certainly worth the extra!!!

Plus i nip across the border every weekend and buy my diesel in the South!! works out at around 60pence per litre!
                    '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyboy
                      I just wanted to know if that was average for my Surf.

The way I think of it is that I will ahve to pay for petrol whatever I drive. So the sacrifice i make is the difference between my Sirf;s MPG and what I would get from a boring old Mondeo. certainly worth the extra!!!

Plus i nip across the border every weekend and buy my diesel in the South!! works out at around 60pence per litre!
                      wish we could do that, nip across the border
                      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                      [size=5][/size]
                      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
                      X