Pulled over and dipped............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled over and dipped............

I was pulled in on my way back from training the dogs by the police so that Customs and Excise could dip my fuel. I explained to the C&E man I was a registered home fuel producer and right enough the tested sample showed I had veg oil in the tank. He then took a formal sample to test to check I am using what I have declared to be using in my returns. I'll be hearing from them. I have been paying the higher rate of duty on the SVO I have put in.

Added complication was the fact I had a gun in the back and the police then proceeded to check the gun's serial number against my license and I think they ran all that past the PNC.

All took about 30mins.

Everyone was very polite and no unpleasantness.

Glad I registered for veg oil now!!!

Dave

Making your own fuel AND a gun, very Mad Max 2 mate.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
      I was pulled in on my way back from training the dogs by the police so that Customs and Excise could dip my fuel. I explained to the C&E man I was a registered home fuel producer and right enough the tested sample showed I had veg oil in the tank. He then took a formal sample to test to check I am using what I have declared to be using in my returns. I'll be hearing from them. I have been paying the higher rate of duty on the SVO I have put in.

Added complication was the fact I had a gun in the back and the police then proceeded to check the gun's serial number against my license and I think they ran all that past the PNC.

All took about 30mins.

Dave
      Too right.It's not worth shouting and wailing at them as it only makes things worse.No-one knows when it's their turn to be dipped and i always say to people that want to run v/oil that they should register first as its not worth losing your truck over.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If everything is in order, and you're self-employed, can the 30 mins be claimed back?

Comment

All took about 30mins.

Dave
          I'm sure if you hadn't registered things would not have been as friendly!

A few years ago i was stopped in a 7.5 tonner loaded up with go-karts, we were going to Rowrah.

The VOSA lads were totally fine even explained in laymans terms a minor fault they found (that LSV is F***ing tight but still moves!) it was the copper that called me in I took issue with, he waited until I was about 6ft away before pulling out..... I nearly shortened his range rover by a few feet!

Still his seargent just happened to be driving a minibus behind us. Revenge is sweet
          Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

All took about 30mins.

Dave
            Ahh, that could have been interesting. Have the bobbies not go anything better to do?
            There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

shotgun or rifle?

I passed a checkpoint once, but wasnt pulled over, and I kept a photocopy of C&E letter in car and photocopy of Firearms certificate (with COPY written all over it) when got the guns in the truck incase I get stop to minimize any issues
              Landcruiser Colorado
              Sub. Forester

Comment

I’d love them to stop me and dip my tank…………. Just to see their faces once they realise that my Surf runs on PETROL …

They’d be welcome to check my Firearms and Shotguns too.
                Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                  shotgun or rifle?
                  On this occasion shotgun. I do the same and have copies of my license in every gun slip. They were happy with a copy but I have heard some police always want to see the real thing (which I take if not shooting locally).

Dave

Comment

Where about you get stopped Dave??/ If there doing it your area,they'll be doing it here soon.

At least i've got nothing to hide
                    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Great innit, here's you trying to save the planet running carbon neutral fuel and the criminal UK.gov want us to run dirty fuel so'as they can collect tax.

Global warming my a*se, 'tis nowt but a government tax con!

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
                        Where about you get stopped Dave??:
                        Right at the bottom of the lane to my house! Its a common spot they use as a couple of laybys opposite each other makes for easy parking. I knew they were there as the logging lorries were passing it over the CB on 19.

Dave

Comment

I didn't think you had to register now, unless you used over a certain amount per year!?

Ferret
                          "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Originally posted by The Ferret
                            I didn't think you had to register now, unless you used over a certain amount per year!?

Ferret
                            a 2500l per annum limit has been mooted but nothing has changed officially yet. Still need to be registered.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                              Making your own fuel AND a gun, very Mad Max 2 mate.
                              don't want non of that thunderdome though....
                              The benchmark....

Comment

Working...
                              X