• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes

Just been quoted for new front discs, pads and fitting - £400

I think that it is slightly expensive.

Am I right?
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Originally posted by onlynik
    Just been quoted for new front discs, pads and fitting - £400

I think that it slightly expensive.

Am I right?

Yeah you are mate!!!

Comment

check on roughtrax then see how much labour your paying
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Discs are around £30 each, a set of pads is £12! To do the job yourself should take no longer than two and a bit hours!

Comment

I got disc and pads from milners and my local garage charged me about £60 to fit them all
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

On my old surf i was charged £50 to fit a new exhaust, 2 rear shocks and and front brake pads! I was well happy with that!!

Comment

AYe, I cehcked Roughtrax and all the bits came to £117, so thats about £280 for labour and they said it would take 3 hours.

Since I'm going to Drumclog at the weekend, I'll need brakes, so I'm attemping to doing it myslef (ok with the help from a friend who has some exp.) on Thursday evening. (i've ordered the pads from Rougtrax)
              There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

AYe, I cehcked Roughtrax and all the bits came to £117, so thats about £280 for labour and they said it would take 3 hours.

Since I'm going to Drumclog at the weekend, I'll need brakes, so I'm attemping to doing it myslef (ok with the help from a friend who has some exp.) on Thursday evening. (i've ordered the pads from Rougtrax)

Here's how to get the discs off........

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...ringsfront.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  Here's how to get the discs off........

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...ringsfront.htm

Cheers

Really getting into this fixing it up yourself lark

Comment

Cheers

Really getting into this fixing it up yourself lark
                    That's one of the reasons I got the surf. I've always enjoyed working on cars but our other cars by necessity are newish and have less opportunities to get dirty hands on!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
                      That's one of the reasons I got the surf. I've always enjoyed working on cars but our other cars by necessity are newish and have less opportunities to get dirty hands on!

Dave
                      Aye, but I've never been good at the whole manual labour thing. But I am getting the reward of seeing what I've done. I really like my new springs and fitting them was fun and didn't take too long. Iguess the weather has something to do with it too.

Comment

Kit arrived this morning, gotta love that next day delivery

Comment

see here

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...319#post299319

Comment

Fixed them myself, and fel quite proud of myself. First time I've done it.

Comment

surely one of the best rewards is the extra £280 quid in ya back pocket too!!
                              minus a drink for your mate who helped out as well!!
                              DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Working...
                              X