help plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help plz

i seen on forum somewhere that soneone had built a storage compartment in the back of their surf n put in draws etc but i cant remember where n on what part of forum i seen it. can any one help me find the thread about it plz as i would like to build one in the

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/cargo_box.htm

Comment

try this

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/cargo_box.htm
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

curses, slow off the draw

Comment

thank you guys

Comment

Or how about something like this (ignore the dog compartments). I cheated a bit with the draws as a bloke at work is a sheet metal worker, so he just knocked them up.
            The base is made up of three sections so it can be removed easily, when you need the boot.
            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
              Or how about something like this (ignore the dog compartments). I cheated a bit with the draws as a bloke at work is a sheet metal worker, so he just knocked them up.
              The base is made up of three sections so it can be removed easily, when you need the boot.
              looks good m8 but i want something a bit smaller but it gives me a idea for mine ty

Comment

I'll post a pic up later tonight of the what I've done for mine. It's unfinished though, but I've got two sections either side of the rear area about 7 inches wide. I built it to house some speakers and still keep the load area open. But I can use the space under each speaker shelf to store stuff. When I get round to finishing it.

Comment

I should warn you that this is the mark II model. The first one was made out of MDF and weighed a ton, also it was smaller. It lasted three years tho.
                  Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

heres some pics of my work in progress

Comment

Cheers for the pics. I've got a stiff neck now.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                        should get myself an inclinometer, then these things wouldn't happen lol

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                          lol so have i. it looks good but i need to make mine smaller say kitchen draw height n still be able to sleep in the back of truck when i need to like camp overs etc or when wife throws me out lol

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                            lol so have i. it looks good but i need to make mine smaller say kitchen draw height n still be able to sleep in the back of truck when i need to like camp overs etc or when wife throws me out lol
                            Well you can still do that with mine as there's the gap between the two units. I went for the extra height so I can fit more under them

Comment

lol ya aint seen size of me im the size of a tank lol. its so i can put some fishing gear n tools in it. im taking in all the ideas so ty

Comment

Working...
                              X