Is cracking your kuckles bad for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is cracking your kuckles bad for you?

Or any other joint in your body for that matter. I have a bad habbit of cracking my knuckles and I get told I'll end up with arthritis, these comments usually stem from those who cringe at the sound of the crack. However, I've read the sound comes from the fluid between the joints popping. So I'm asking for your opions.
    no harm done at all, I crack my knuckles too
    40.74%
    doesn't cause any damage, but don't do it near me
    11.11%
    you'll be sorry when your older, as it does wreck your joints
    48.15%

The poll is expired.

Hold my beer and watch this

It's fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracking_joints

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
      doesn't say I'll get arthritis, but I may suffer poor grip. I'm already loosing grip on reality though

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_b555
        doesn't say I'll get arthritis, but I may suffer poor grip. I'm already loosing grip on reality though

http://health.howstuffworks.com/question437.htm

Just don't do it, OK?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          I can't help it. I don't even know I'm doing it sometimes

Comment

Dont you remember the noise my knees made when I got off the sofa at Lindas after the party ? I cracked my knuckles as a kid and now they cause me mega probs . One reason I gave up being a mechanic .Nearly every joint in my body cracks or clicks . I can even make my eye balls creak !
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

i suppose it comes down to how hard their face is that you crack your knuckles...
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Bad for you...

You are literally squashing out the air that is in the joints. This tends to cushion the joint and helps prevent the joint wearing quickly...hence why people tell you arthritis is the consequence...so avoid doing it if you can.

Ex SAS man told me this...he now practices Shiatsu...$$$$$$ good he is too. I don't argue with him either as he was the first member of the SAS that went in through the window in the Balcomb Street siege of years gone by!

Comment

Where's Charvell ?? he looks after bones...

sure it's something to do with the air around the joint.... i have enough that click by themselves without me helping by forcing them...ankles, hips.... if i were a horse, i'd be shot..
                  Had enough... going to live in Spain....

Comment

I've been cracking my joints for years now. Knuckles, knees, toes, one shoulder & a thumb. Most of the time I'm okay but come the winter, the cold really makes them ache. Never really bothers me until then but every winter I make myself the same promise; I will stop!!
                    Never do though.
                    Funny thing is that although it is not a joint, I can crack my nose. That really gets a good reaction from people!!
                    Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

Originally posted by hobgoblin
                      I've been cracking my joints for years now. Knuckles, knees, toes, one shoulder & a thumb. Most of the time I'm okay but come the winter, the cold really makes them ache. Never really bothers me until then but every winter I make myself the same promise; I will stop!!
                      Never do though.
                      Funny thing is that although it is not a joint, I can crack my nose. That really gets a good reaction from people!!
                      So how hard do you hit it to make it crack

Comment

Originally posted by The Mechanic
                        So how hard do you hit it to make it crack

Brings tears to my eyes never mind anyone else. Just push to one side & CRACK. Most people cringe. Dont blame them.
                        Which Wychwood would you choose?

Comment

i reckon it's gonna cripple you in the next few months if you keep on doing it (that might be something to do with me though, rather than your joints! )

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki
                            i reckon it's gonna cripple you in the next few months if you keep on doing it (that might be something to do with me though, rather than your joints! )
                            the secrets are coming out now..
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

always cracked my fingers and never a problem...

got run over once and my knees have never been the same!!... made me fat too!!

in summary, large metal objects are more dangerous!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X