yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel Spacers Fitted (But All Was Not Well!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Spacers Fitted (But All Was Not Well!!)

Well the spacers are on, but I have to be honest and say I didn't fit them myself. My trolley jack just wasn't up to the job of lifting the truck and when I did manage to get it high enough off the ground it wasn't high enough to get the axle stands to support the truck. The alloys were a bit tight and the truck was swaying alarmingly when I tried to get them to budge.

Not wanting to be crushed to death, and because I was like a kid at Christmas and couldn't wait, I took it to a local tyre dealer who did the business for £20.

I must admit I was a little disappointed with the look once they were on (although they do extend the wheels right to the edge of the wide wheel arches). The handling however is much improved so it was definitely worthwhile.

Only downside now is while I was under the truck I discovered that it not only needs an exhaust middle box (which I knew about), it also needs a back box as it has snapped in two!

Oh well, I was saving up for springs but I guess the exhaust comes first. Open the trapdoor to the money pit someone.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by Copycat
    Well the spacers are on, but I have to be honest and say I didn't fit them myself. My trolley jack just wasn't up to the job of lifting the truck and when I did manage to get it high enough off the ground it wasn't high enough to get the axle stands to support the truck. The alloys were a bit tight and the truck was swaying alarmingly when I tried to get them to budge.

Not wanting to be crushed to death, and because I was like a kid at Christmas and couldn't wait, I took it to a local tyre dealer who did the business for £20.

I must admit I was a little disappointed with the look once they were on (although they do extend the wheels right to the edge of the wide wheel arches). The handling however is much improved so it was definitely worthwhile.

Only downside now is while I was under the truck I discovered that it not only needs an exhaust middle box (which I knew about), it also needs a back box as it has snapped in two!

Oh well, I was saving up for springs but I guess the exhaust comes first. Open the trapdoor to the money pit someone.

fit a side exit exhaust like vince's.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
      fit a side exit exhaust like vince's.
      Here you go GB. F, V. Those are for the two you've obviously lost somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
        Why? And where are the piccies?
        Wax on, wax off

Comment

Oh, something else as well. I tried the jack that comes with the Surf (the one under the back seat) but it just touches the rear axle when fully extended. Do you have to carry a block of wood around with you for extra height in case you get a flat tyre?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
            Why? And where are the piccies?
            Well, I think I expected them to stick out more. I don't know what my reasoning was behind that thought as I had been told they would be level with the edge of the wheel arches. I was also advised that it is illegal for them to stick out any further. I think I may have been having a 'blonde' moment. Pictures to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
              Here you go GB. F, V. Those are for the two you've obviously lost somewhere.
              sHUT uP yOU pLUM !!!
              i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Depends on the off set of the wheels you got on, the originals dont stick out much as there aint much of an off set to em, i was a little disapointd with mine when i first fitted the spacers, but when i got the deeper dish wheels it made quite a difference, the old wheels are a sod to get off, had to beat mine with a scafold pole (on the tyres) to get em off, just made sure i was'nt under there in case
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

If it has been raised, you do need a block of wood. Mine came at no extra charge when i bought the car.
                  Still Searching,
                  Dick Whittington

Comment

The jack that came with mine would'nt reach before the lift and it sure as hell wont now, i got a couple of 10ton bus jacks, feel a lot safer with em than the little one,
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Voila! Les piccies.

Last edited by Scorpion; 22 April 2007, 20:13.

Comment

Looks loads better, but where's the viola?

Comment

Looking good
                          Wax on, wax off

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                            Looks loads better, but where's the viola?
                            Ahem! I'm sure I don't know what you mean (quick edit).

Comment

Working...
                            X