• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winnybob

reply to your pm, this is what you need to remove your graphics,
    Attached Files
    [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
    [size=5][/size]
    [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Oh.....

Thanks...but are you serious....that looks like a grinding wheel?
    How does it work??....
    3rd Gen 96' Blue N Silver 3.0ltr TD

Comment

Originally posted by winnybob
      Thanks...but are you serious....that looks like a grinding wheel?
      How does it work??....
      Be carefull using these wheels they were designed to remove the glue beneath removed coach lines.
      You fit them to a drill.
      If you don`t keep them moving you can "burn" through the paint.

Conker
      [center] [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
        reply to your pm, this is what you need to remove your graphics,
        these are very soft and designed to remove stickers, they will NOT remove the glue on its own, and they dont harm the paint
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

these are very soft and designed to remove stickers, they will NOT remove the glue on its own, and they dont harm the paint
          Ummm they may have changed then ...
          When I was still panel beating and spraying we used to use them.
          And found they worked best by first removing the decal with the help of hot water first then a hot air gun.
          The use the wheel on any glue left.
          I have been away from the spray booth for a few years so they may have improved them.
          [center] [/center]

Comment

Ok....willing to try...

Thanks.....thought you might be pulling my pud on that one..

So...where do I get one and any idea on cost?

Comment

Originally posted by winnybob
              Thanks.....thought you might be pulling my pud on that one..

So...where do I get one and any idea on cost?
              automotive paint supplies, that sells body panels etc, if you cant get one, send me a pm i'll get you one, about £6,
              [size=5][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by Conker
                Ummm they may have changed then ...
                When I was still panel beating and spraying we used to use them.
                And found they worked best by first removing the decal with the help of hot water first then a hot air gun.
                The use the wheel on any glue left.
                I have been away from the spray booth for a few years so they may have improved them.
                they are very soft and have a caramel smell, these are different as 99% of signwriting and coachlines are now vinyl not paint, white spirits removes the glue best
                [size=5][/size]

Comment

they are very soft and have a caramel smell, these are different as 99% of signwriting and coachlines are now vinyl not paint, white spirits removes the glue best
                  I would agree with the white spirit route if you can put up with the stink let it soak then use a softish plastic scraper to take the glue off.
                  I used to use a clean filler card.
                  Then clean it all down with panel wipe and give it a light mop.
                  And hope the decals have not dug into the paint to much and leave a ghosting.
                  [center] [/center]

Comment

Great stuff....Saturday Job me thinks........

Will source one shortly or will kindly take up your offer Ian...

Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                    X