calling music trivia gods....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling music trivia gods....

Does anyone know the artist / title of the BBC theme music played between programs back in the early eighties. sort of classical clarenet/violin/synth - quite catchy???

seem to remember it being played by a "futuristic" orchestra dressed in white or was that too many smarties??

Also remember it sounding a bit like the then current theme music to Juliet Bravo.....remember that??
    Last edited by jaky cakes; 20 April 2007, 23:05.
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Originally posted by jaky cakes
    Does anyone know the artist / title of the BBC theme music played between programs back in the early eighties. sort of classical clarenet/violin/synth - quite catchy???

seem to remember it being played by a "futuristic" orchestra dressed in white or was that too many smarties??

Also remember it sounding a bit like the then current theme music to Juliet Bravo.....remember that??
    It may have been La Serenissima (Theme from Venice in Peril)by Rondo Veneziano if we're both thinking of the same one.

I can email you an mp3 of this if you wish.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Give that man a cigar!!
      That's the very one! just got it from limewire.
      me happy!
      cheers Maurice - nice one!
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Excellent, glad to be of service.
        Haven't actually listened to it in ages, so since you had put it into my mind I dug thru my mp3's and found their "very best of" album. I'd forgotten just how good it was.
        Now if I just can get back to my project of transfering my vinyl to mp3 (keep setting it up and not getting very far) I know I have the 12" of La Serenissima in the pile somewhere...
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
        X