Stupid fool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid fool

Noticed one of my headlight buld was out, so replaced it, it was the driver side one. Took out my socket set and removed water fluid and battery strap. fitted new bulb.

To check it was working I started the engine and turned on the lights, then I heard some strange noises.

I'd left my socket set on top of the engine, and my sockets were emptying themselves around the engine bay, via the fan.
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Yikes! Any damage????

Dave

(You plonker!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
      Yikes! Any damage????

Dave

(You plonker!)

Don't think so. I'm still missing 5 sockets, and its too dark to hunt form them. I checked the fan, it looks OK, I checked teeth on whatever the fan connects too( not too technical) it looks fine too. Thing is these are nice heavy sockets and I'm worried that I've damaged something I can see. I don't really want to start teh enigne again incase it all goes tits.
      There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Yikes! Any damage????

Dave

(You plonker!)
        I second that, any damage ?

You NOMINATED plonker
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I don't know the layout of the engine bay in the 2.4. If the engine didn't grind to a halt then you'll probably be ok. Find them in the morning! Not much that couldn't withstand a hit from a socket in the engine, its more jamming belts but it doesn't seem the case.

Fingers crossed.

Dave

Comment

I don't know the layout of the engine bay in the 2.4. If the engine didn't grind to a halt then you'll probably be ok. Find them in the morning! Not much that couldn't withstand a hit from a socket in the engine, its more jamming belts but it doesn't seem the case.

Fingers crossed.

Dave
            No belts jammed that I could see, it stopped when I realised what an arse I was and turned the engine off, possibly 10 seconds.

Just kinda rolled off the engine and into teh fan.

Comment

and hopefully nothing hit the rad...?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
                and hopefully nothing hit the rad...?
                A dropping socket wouldn't have enough force to damage the rad unless it got flung by the fan. Since the engine only just started the viscous fan would be turning but without any umph so I'd have thought the rad would be fine.

Dave

Comment

A dropping socket wouldn't have enough force to damage the rad unless it got flung by the fan. Since the engine only just started the viscous fan would be turning but without any umph so I'd have thought the rad would be fine.

Dave

Searched and searched today, couln't find any more so I went for a drive froward, brake hard then back. I found another couple. Seem to be short of a 7mm and a couple of imperials now.

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
                    Seem to be short of a 7mm and a couple of imperials now.
                    ask bobafatass he'll be able to help with the imperials!
                    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                      ask bobafatass he'll be able to help with the imperials!
                      Bwahaha!!!!

Anything that falls into a 2.4 normally ends up on the aircon rad fan housing, and is particulally hard to reach.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I knew I'd find a use for my girlfirends small hands one day. Will have a look down there.

Wish I could just pick it up and shake it to make all the loose parts fall out.

Comment

check the lower bit of the main rad fan shroud, like tony says on top of the aircon gubbins, then possibly any nooks/crannies between the block and all the engine auxillaries, alternator, fuel pump, power steering, manifolds etc.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

Working...
                          X