• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onlynik

It's a FPSO.
    Of course it is!

Here's some more of mine...

First three are Australia, next one from the CN Tower in Toronto, next is from the VLA in New Mexico (where they filmed a bit of '2010' and 'Contact' with Jodi Foster), then me at Roswell (where I got the a parking ticket still proudly displayed on my office wall ), and then me doing the pose from a famous film 'riding' a genuine but disarmed Fat Man atomic bomb at White Sands Missile Museum in New Mexico.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

The only good reason for sitting in the open doorway of a plane like that is because you are shouting 'GET SOME' and firing something very noisy...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
        The only good reason for sitting in the open doorway of a plane like that is because you are shouting 'GET SOME' and firing something very noisy...
        It's a view of Australia not many people have experienced! It was frikkin awesome to do and you got used to it very quick. There was many times I had to crawl right to the end of the ramp to reset equipment held in only by a lanyard with the world whizzing by at 300mph 1000ft below. COOOOL!!!!

Comment

Ahhhh...... A Dr. Stranglove fan
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
            Ahhhh...... A Dr. Stranglove fan
            I wish I'd had a cowboy hat to wave whist shouting YEEEEEEHAAAAA!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
              I wish I'd had a cowboy hat to wave whist shouting YEEEEEEHAAAAA!!!!!

I'd have put a sign up saying "Please do not ride on the bomb"

This was my previous trip

FPSO = Floating Production Storage and Off-loading
              There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

I'd have put a sign up saying "Please do not ride on the bomb"

This was my previous trip

FPSO = Floating Production Storage and Off-loading
                There was a sign, but it was just too tempting!

So you're on the rigs then? How come you bought a 2nd hand Surf and not a Gold plated RR Sport? You guys are loaded aintcha?

Comment

makes me feel kind of insignificant now. furthest i've been with work is Rawtenstall, althought i'm really pushing the boat out next week and going to Sheffield
                  Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

There was a sign, but it was just too tempting!

So you're on the rigs then? How come you bought a 2nd hand Surf and not a Gold plated RR Sport? You guys are loaded aintcha?
                    Don't always work on the rigs, I'm an office based worker, who sometimes has teh pleasure of trips to rigs/jack ups/FPSOs every few months, normally for weeknds, away on the Friday and back on the Monday. I try to avoid it, as I hate being away, the boredom on the rigs is a killer. Plenty of food though.
                    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                      makes me feel kind of insignificant now. furthest i've been with work is Rawtenstall, althought i'm really pushing the boat out next week and going to Sheffield
                      I dont do as much travelling these days as I used to. The novelty does wear thin after a while and I can easily see me not wanting to go anywhere ever again in a few years time.

Rawtenstall - the heart of the shoe industry Been there quite a few times picking up stock for Vicki.

Comment

Don't always work on the rigs, I'm an office based worker, who sometimes has teh pleasure of trips to rigs/jack ups/FPSOs every few months, normally for weeknds, away on the Friday and back on the Monday. I try to avoid it, as I hate being away, the boredom on the rigs is a killer. Plenty of food though.
                        erm... not haliburton you work for is it?

my brother in law works for them... he's something to do with cement / mud, office based and tells them formulas for quick drying underwater cement (i think)
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                          erm... not haliburton you work for is it?

my brother in law works for them... he's something to do with cement / mud, office based and tells them formulas for quick drying underwater cement (i think)
                          Is that Haliburton the Defence Group? One of the most evil companies in the world? If it's the same one, they own a big part of BAE Systems, one of the biggest western defence contractors.

Halliburton's board has amongst it's members some members of the Al Saud famil, and at least one Bin Laden. No conflict of interest there then...

Comment

Is that Haliburton the Defence Group?
                            nah, the oil company... not exactly sure what they do, but they're one of the biggest.

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                              nah, the oil company... not exactly sure what they do, but they're one of the biggest.
                              My fault, not phrased properly. I think it's the same one. They are feckin hoooooge! They own a big chunk of lots of USA defence companies, BAES being one they have a hand in.

Some others with an 'interest' include John Major, Donald Rumsfeld, George Bush Snr, Saudi Royal Family, a few Bin Ladens etc etc. I think they call those sorts 'the Illuminati'. They are untouchable.

<edit> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halliburton is worth a read. A bit of an eye opener!
                              Last edited by Apache; 20 April 2007, 14:04.

Comment

as faithless said---

Whether Haliburton, Enron or anyone
                                Greed is a weapon of mass destruction

Comment

Working...
                                X