gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas

can one of you guys tell me what gas goes into the aicon compressor please cheers .

Originally posted by brian88883
    can one of you guys tell me what gas goes into the aicon compressor please cheers .
    Mine has a sticker on it saying R134 along with some Jap writing but I think the earlier models were charged with a gas that's not compatible and you may have to have it converted.

See the links below for more info.
    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

they used to have r12 in and that's what they were designed for, if they need regassing now they need r134a but may need converting to take it
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        they used to have r12 in and that's what they were designed for, if they need regassing now they need r134a but may need converting to take it

SNAP
        Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulh
          SNAP
          i was gonna say air coz it only comes out t'other side but thought better of it http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=32633&page=3
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

2.4's have old R12 that you're not supposed to be able to get anymore, some places still have some, but arn't allowed to use it (but cash helps...)

3.0's all have R134, which is easily available.

The R12 systems can use a replacment gas, but its expensive and isn't as efficient as R12, but its cheaper than replacing all your hoses and seals to use R134.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X