Wot's this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wot's this

any idea what this is?, (or was for) it looks like the top of a break master, it's got a float on it and a small tube fitting on top, its wired via a plug into the harness and i found it down along side the engine/chassi on the near side,
    amongst the tangle of pipes etc,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by ian619
    any idea what this is?, (or was for) it looks like the top of a break master, it's got a float on it and a small tube fitting on top, its wired via a plug into the harness and i found it down along side the engine/chassi on the near side,
    amongst the tangle of pipes etc,
    Fuel filter float unit screws into bottom of filter to tell you when there is water in it
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

I'd say it's an obsolete universal widget!
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
        I'd say it's an obsolete universal widget!
        Spot on

Comment

Thats why i got the water in filter light come on when i put a bulb in the dash then, some Ba$tards been at it, i'm going to remove the whole filter unit dureing the course of my fiddleing's so we'll see, wonder what else they've messed with

Comment

Thats why i got the water in filter light come on when i put a bulb in the dash then, some Ba$tards been at it, i'm going to remove the whole filter unit dureing the course of my fiddleing's so we'll see, wonder what else they've messed with
            You obviously must have the wrong filter on there, asthe correct filter will have a huge hole in the bottom of it to screw this unit into

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
              You obviously must have the wrong filter on there, asthe correct filter will have a huge hole in the bottom of it to screw this unit into
              I was just thinking, that's what it looks like, but then i thought wouldn't there be diesel leaking everywhere!
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by gary16163
                I was thinking that after i posted the last, i'll take a pic of it when i get it off, i'm sure it's got japanese writing on it tho.

Comment

Looks like you may have a pick-up fuel filter fitted that hasn't got the facility for the water drain fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Looks like you may have a pick-up fuel filter fitted that hasn't got the facility for the water drain fitting.
                    Yeah! i seem to remember seeing a pic of a surf filter and wondering what the hole in the bottom was for, i dont know, the memory's going,

Comment

Yeah! i seem to remember seeing a pic of a surf filter and wondering what the hole in the bottom was for, i dont know, the memory's going,
                      Just had a look at mine. You are holding the thing upside down, in the picture where your little finger is is the drain for the filter that sits on top, see attached picy

MArk

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                        Just had a look at mine. You are holding the thing upside down, in the picture where your little finger is is the drain for the filter that sits on top, see attached picy

MArk
                        Thats the jobby! i'll have to make sure i get the correct filter, Milner's should know i guess.

Comment

Thats the jobby! i'll have to make sure i get the correct filter, Milner's should know i guess.
                          Just out of interest where is your fuel filter as in you picy the whole thing and pipe work is missing?

Comment

Forget that, just looked at your picy again and I think its under your wrist

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                              Forget that, just looked at your picy again and I think its under your wrist
                              Hehe, was going to say it's there under my arm.

Comment

Working...
                              X