yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm getting new surf (what to check out?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will.

Have rusty mud for coolant, at least two drop links either broke or soon will be, blower switch wont go to BLOW, heater controls will be stuck somewhere between windscreen & face, 1 mibbi 2 CV gaiters knackered, back window wont work without sticky finger help, both batteries dry with buckled plates, frond brake pads / disks as one, saggy erse, dodgy sterio, and a handbrake whitch should have it's own trade discription law.

Did somebody mention the cylinder head

Grin, it'l have you in tears

Comment

Originally posted by marky
      Roughtrax or Milners have the jack handle if no-one else can help.
      Wheres the spare wheel?
      Cheers Marky. Spare wheel's on the back -that was a preference of mine. Never did know where it would be otherwise! But that's where I wanted it, glad to find the one I liked with it there!

Comment

Originally posted by AuldNick
        It will.

Have rusty mud for coolant, at least two drop links either broke or soon will be, blower switch wont go to BLOW, heater controls will be stuck somewhere between windscreen & face, 1 mibbi 2 CV gaiters knackered, back window wont work without sticky finger help, both batteries dry with buckled plates, frond brake pads / disks as one, saggy erse, dodgy sterio, and a handbrake whitch should have it's own trade discription law.

Did somebody mention the cylinder head

Grin, it'l have you in tears
        Ha! I hope that's not experience talking!!! I hope i'm right in thinking that the '93 models don't have the head problem, cuz I've only been checking that on the '92's!! One little gadget i'm interested in is the reverse camera. It'll help wifey when she's driving, but i'm also hoping I can hook some other gadget up to it. I've gotta stay focussed though, and check out the car!

Comment

All 2nd gen years have had troubles, Mine was 1993 & i had my head replaced. Preventive Maintenance will help.
          THERMOSTAT, RAD CAP & a good Flush.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by veccy
            Ha! I hope that's not experience talking!!! I hope i'm right in thinking that the '93 models don't have the head problem, cuz I've only been checking that on the '92's!! One little gadget i'm interested in is the reverse camera. It'll help wifey when she's driving, but i'm also hoping I can hook some other gadget up to it. I've gotta stay focussed though, and check out the car!
            The 93 2.4's heads can also go the same as the 3.0 heads can go but if they are serviced regular and well maintained then you should be ok.Like any motor any age and no matter how much you look after it some expensive can go wrong so don't rule these out but you would be less likely to have probs unless its not been looked after
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Whoa!

I guess I just have to check out what I can and hope for the best -like any car really. My Dad checked out a new Galaxy which promptly blew up when the deal was done. No one could've known! Some people who gamble get the jackpot!

Comment

It's a Toyota so expect head probs.

There are few true cars what live on or off road and the Surf is probably the only one that can do both but expect some recovery expense within the first year 'cos the Jap's done naff all but ship the shed.

Comment

It's a Toyota so expect head probs.

There are few true cars what live on or off road and the Surf is probably the only one that can do both but expect some recovery expense within the first year 'cos the Jap's done naff all but ship the shed.
                  back on the happy pills again i see!
                  i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Read and diegest..... http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                      or read and digest.

stop telling people to die you evil being!
                      i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                        back on the happy pills again i see!
                        Just tryin to be honest. Tooo much poo for new guys on how GREAT the Surf is here when we all know diffo. NOT a car to own if you dont use spanners or have a few bob too spare issit?

Comment

Just tryin to be honest. Tooo much poo for new guys on how GREAT the Surf is here when we all know diffo. NOT a car to own if you dont use spanners or have a few bob too spare issit?

Your not wrong there!

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                            or read and digest.

stop telling people to die you evil being!
                            Sorry tired P1553d off and need to win the lottery so i can quit my 5h1tty job
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Veccy, just remember it aint a new motor. It's gonna be about 14 years old, so it may have a few bits that are on the way out just through wear and tear. But just look around at other vehicles of the same age, if you can find many still going. Toyota's are as tough as old boots and with just a little bit of care will go on and on and on. Just give it a bit of T.L.C. and be prepared to spend a few bob on parts and a fortune on fuel and remember to keep grinning, even if you want to cry. Had mine for three years now and dont think that I would change her, except for another Surf

Spoggle

Comment

Cheers guys!

I'm quite familiar with the probs that might come about. The way I see it is that if it all goes wrong, I could get at least £800 for it (so ebay tells me) and get a perfectly fine car to whizz around in.

Optimism and convenient thought gets me what I want, until I don't want it and move on to the next novelty. hopefully, i'll enjoy the surf for a while!

Comment

Working...
                                X