suspension lift checklist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension lift checklist!

I'm planning on taking the plunge with a 2" suspension lift really pretty soon!!
    I'm planning on running it on standard shocks for the moment which i understand is ok for road use...but not for offroading!

What else am i going to need other then
    Coil spacers (4crawler USA)
    ARB drop bracket
    Panhard drop bracket
    that brake thing.... Ok make it easier!!

What else will i need other then spacers and bushwhackers kit?!?

Originally posted by RodLeach
    I'm planning on taking the plunge with a 2" suspension lift really pretty soon!!
    I'm planning on running it on standard shocks for the moment which i understand is ok for road use...but not for offroading!

What else am i going to need other then
    Coil spacers (4crawler USA)
    ARB drop bracket
    Panhard drop bracket
    that brake thing.... Ok make it easier!!

What else will i need other then spacers and bushwhackers kit?!?

I fitted the 2" lift kit from roughtrax and never touched the arb's or the panhard drop bracket so i'm not sure whether you'll need them or not but someone will state for sure anyway
    cant think of anything else but doesn't Jotto make the spacers
    Last edited by stormforce; 17 April 2007, 00:04.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
      I fitted the 2" lift kit from roughtrax and never touched the arb's or the panhard drop bracket so i'm not sure whether you'll need them or not but someone will state for sure anyway

yeah Jotto/Dannos site did say they made spacers! Im probably just going to go with whoever is cheaper truth be told!

I did notice on the picture of the lift kit from roughtrax it just shows 4x Shocks, 2x Torsion bars 2x +2" springs and not much else! If that works fine then its not a problem! Maybe bushwhackers kit is for if you go for LC springs??!?

Comment

I had a 2" suspension lift done in Oct and didn't need anything but shocks and springs...

But now there is a 1.5" body lift, Landcruiser springs, longer shocks, Vince's kit....
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
          I had a 2" suspension lift done in Oct and didn't need anything but shocks and springs...

But now there is a 1.5" body lift, Landcruiser springs, longer shocks, Vince's kit....

Hmm that sounds pretty good!! If all i need to do is fit spacers and tighten the torsion bars for now i would be pretty pleased!

I'm going to upgrade the shocks at a later date!

Comment

yeah Jotto/Dannos site did say they made spacers! Im probably just going to go with whoever is cheaper truth be told!

I did notice on the picture of the lift kit from roughtrax it just shows 4x Shocks, 2x Torsion bars 2x +2" springs and not much else! If that works fine then its not a problem! Maybe bushwhackers kit is for if you go for LC springs??!?
            also i fitted the torsion bars from that kit and they are an absolute
            b-5tard to fit i found, but you shouldn't really need them on the 2" lift as you can wind your torsion bars up 1.5" anyway

Comment

also i fitted the torsion bars from that kit and they are an absolute
              b-5tard to fit i found, but you shouldn't really need them on the 2" lift as you can wind your torsion bars up 1.5" anyway

fantastic! If i can source it all by next week that would be amazing! I doubt it would arrive in time but none hte less would be amazing! I'd like to get the body lift kit in aswell to get that done all in one go to make more of a transformation!!!

Comment

fantastic! If i can source it all by next week that would be amazing! I doubt it would arrive in time but none hte less would be amazing! I'd like to get the body lift kit in aswell to get that done all in one go to make more of a transformation!!!
                i cranked my standard t/bars 2" but i fitted diff spacers aswell to take some of the strain off of the drive shafts
                and now i'm getting some ball joint spacers made up and then i'll wind the t/bars back a bit so the surf will sit level then

Comment

i cranked my standard t/bars 2" but i fitted diff spacers aswell to take some of the strain off of the drive shafts
                  and now i'm getting some ball joint spacers made up and then i'll wind the t/bars back a bit so the surf will sit level then
                  Do you think I need to consider this at the end of the month when Mark and Andrew tear my Surf to shreds???

Comment

Do you think I need to consider this at the end of the month when Mark and Andrew tear my Surf to shreds???
                    i would say that if you want the surf to sit level or fairly level then yea get the diff spacers as you can then get away with cranking the t/bars 2"
                    I'm only getting the b/j spacers cause i want to have the front level with the rear and reduce the stress right down on the t/bars but you don't actually need these if you don't want to

Comment

i would say that if you want the surf to sit level or fairly level then yea get the diff spacers as you can then get away with cranking the t/bars 2"
                      I'm only getting the b/j spacers cause i want to have the front level with the rear and reduce the stress right down on the t/bars but you don't actually need these if you don't want to

You're getting BJ spacers - tell me more about those....

Where are you getting the diff spacers from?

Comment

You're getting BJ spacers - tell me more about those....

Where are you getting the diff spacers from?
                        i got the diff spacers from Jotto 1" they are i think they were £40 all in and you get the arb spacers aswell and all the bolts needed.I will try to get a couple of pics up tomorrow of them fitted.
                        I also had to cut a bit of the exhaust heat sheild of to make enough clearance for the prop shaft so there's now about 1/4" gap between the prop and exhaust now.You will see when i get the pics up

Comment

The ball joint spacers go between the upper ball joint and wishbone to give a bit more of a lift.You can get 1/2" 1" or 1.5" spacers

Comment

The ball joint spacers go between the upper ball joint and wishbone to give a bit more of a lift.You can get 1/2" 1" or 1.5" spacers
                            I have a feeling this could get out of hand......

Comment

I have a feeling this could get out of hand......
                              I think on mine i have spent about £450 but like i say you don't need the b/j spacers but i just want to have them for the sake of it really

Comment

Working...
                              X