Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak

Hi Chaps Found A Leak Under My Glove Comp Leaking Onto My Foot Mat ,now It Looks Very Thin And A Clearish Brown ,on Closer Inspection I Found That It Was Coming From What Seemed To Be Some Sort Of Sponge Seal At A Joint Of That Big Black Box Thingy Right At The Back ,does Any Of You Guys Know What It Could Be And How Hard Would It Be To Repair Any Help Would Be Appreciated Cheers.

Originally posted by brian88883
    Hi Chaps Found A Leak Under My Glove Comp Leaking Onto My Foot Mat ,now It Looks Very Thin And A Clearish Brown ,on Closer Inspection I Found That It Was Coming From What Seemed To Be Some Sort Of Sponge Seal At A Joint Of That Big Black Box Thingy Right At The Back ,does Any Of You Guys Know What It Could Be And How Hard Would It Be To Repair Any Help Would Be Appreciated Cheers.

It's your heater matrix leaking, either the matrix (small rad) or where the pipes are soldered.
    To get at it you'll need to remove the glovebox.

Comment

Very good descriptive powers.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Took Glove Comp Off Today Mate And Saw That Black Box Is That The Heater Matrix And Do I Need To Open It.

Comment

Took Glove Comp Off Today Mate And Saw That Black Box Is That The Heater Matrix And Do I Need To Open It.

There's three compartments, on the left is the heater fan, the middle section houses the evaporator for the air-con and the right hand section is the heater matrix.
          It's easier to remove the centre part of the dash to get it out, loosen hose clips on the bulkhead in the engine bay and lay plenty of rags down to catch spilled coolant.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            Very good descriptive powers.
            WELL I AM A GEORDIE HA HA AND KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SURFS BUT LEARNING A LOT FROM THIS SITE EVEN IF THERE ARE SOME PLUMBS ON IT .

Comment

If its not the heater matrix leaking (in this weather?!), it could be the air con. The condensation is supposed to drip outside the car but if the drain pipe is blocked, it'll drip out in the footwell. Have you been using the a/c recently and/or do you normally use it?

Comment

just had a new compressor fitted and havent had it gased up yet so no havent been using it bud.

Comment

Working...
                X