I can seee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can seee

Having had my windows tinted a year or so ago, I found it hard to see when reversing in the dark. So to combat this I wired up two rear spots under the rear bumper. This worked fine after I changed the 50 watt bulbs too 100 watts. Then I went off road and managed to crush both under slung lights going up a steep bank. So this weekend wifeless and childless I thought I would fix the rear lights. I have now cut two light into the rear bumper. Tried them out tonight and they work a treat. Pics to follow as wife took the camera to the in-laws.

Happy

Mark

sounds good, can't wait to see the pics.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Now that is a good mod - can't wait to see how you did it - wouldn't mind doing the same to mine....
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Good idea.
        Tony look and learn. I have same problem. Back window is tinted too dark.
        Still Searching,
        Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
          Good idea.
          Tony look and learn. I have same problem. Back window is tinted too dark.

The rear window opens though doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            The rear window opens though doesn't it?
            Yep so does mine but when it's raining and the wife and kids are in the idea of opening the rear window is no choice...!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
              Yep so does mine but when it's raining and the wife and kids are in the idea of opening the rear window is no choice...!

True.

I always use the mirrors when reversing, years of driving Transits with no rear window I guess.

Comment

True.

I always use the mirrors when reversing, years of driving Transits with no rear window I guess.
                Very funny bud.... But once you get "limo dark tints" you might as well snap those mirrors 0ff.....hence the new set of lights!

Comment

Very funny bud.... But once you get "limo dark tints" you might as well snap those mirrors 0ff.....hence the new set of lights!

I wasn't being funny, I was just stating a fact!!!!

My rear window has limo tint too.

Comment

I wasn't being funny, I was just stating a fact!!!!

My rear window has limo tint too.
                    The problem I had, was with the surf "without tints" no problem to see where you where going but "since tints"(I love the tints ) I have not been able to see much when reversing in an unlit area . the revesing ligts are in the middle of the surf and only 55 watts each. Now I have 2 x 100 watts revering lights on the edge of the rear bumper I can see again. (I drive a transit for work) so know the problem. (and can use mirrors!)

Comment

Cool!
                      I'm gonna fit a couple of my rooflights to rear bumper too, as I've got four new angel eye spots coming this week.

I've fitted halogen bulbs in my reverse lights too.

Comment

Cool!
                        I'm gonna fit a couple of my rooflights to rear bumper too, as I've got four new angel eye spots coming this week.

I've fitted halogen bulbs in my reverse lights too.
                        Recon you will be able see Like it was day time with "Angle eye spots" I had a smaler budget..!

Comment

Recon you will be able see Like it was day time with "Angle eye spots" I had a smaler budget..!

I bought these....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...5473%26fvi%3D1

My mistake, they're not angel eye, just sidelights.

Comment

Even so I recon they will be good for reversing with. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Night all

Mark

Comment

and whats wrong with the BANG... stop method??

works for me Andrew 'zero no claims' Lee
                              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
                              X