Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyre sizes

Hiya
    i've been trying to convert my tyre sizes to metric. (they're 31x10.5x15 if anyone knows the answer)
    I found a thread on the old forum which had a reference to a spreadsheet which Lucky posted. Unfortunately the link has been removed - does anyone still have it?

Andy

265-70 15 i think
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

yep 265.70R15 is the equivalent metric size
      @africa4x4cafe
      [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

cheers guys
        time to go shopping i think...
        I've been looking at Colway tyres. They do remoulds to the BFG patterns.

http://www.colwaytyres.co.uk

Anybody have any thoughts?
        Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Goldnboy
          cheers guys
          time to go shopping i think...
          I've been looking at Colway tyres. They do remoulds to the BFG patterns.

http://www.colwaytyres.co.uk

Anybody have any thoughts?
          Andy
          yes, dont waste your money on remoulds, get the bfg,s
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by Goldnboy
            I've been looking at Colway tyres. They do remoulds to the BFG patterns....
            Remoulds , have a look at some of the other current threads, the surf is known to be tail happy enough as it is. I would not consider remoulds - period. 4 small patchs of rubber are all that keep u on the road, make them good.
            I know many people use them and are very happy with them, but I just don't trust them.
            Many years ago in desperation I bought 4 remoulds for a Lada jeep (literally to get the car from Ireland to UK and back, about 2 weeks worth of driving in total) 2 of them had started to delaminate within 10 days!
            More recently I had a Jaguar which came with 2 new remoulds (Colway, I'm fairly sure) fitted to the rear. After 1,000 miles or so I had a slow puncture in one, took it off and it was immediatly apparent that the complete tyre had gone out of shape, no wear in some points, thread almost gone in others ! I'm sure had it been any other car I'd have felt it during driving, it was seriously bad. Both were quickly scrapped in favour of a pair of Dunlops.

After these 2 experiences I can certainly say, Remoulds No Way
            Last edited by Morr; 12 September 2003, 10:42.
            Maurice
            Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Hi,

I aggree with Maurice. Even if you are broke buy an economy 'NEW' tyre.
              They usually start from a couple of quid a corner more than the remould. Lots of people will argue that the new euro standards and testing make the remoulds as safe but why risk it. Your life may depend on it!!!

Phil.

Comment

That seems pretty conclusive then
                Thanx everyone.
                Andy

Comment

Just to confuse matters even more, Top Gear did some tests about a couple of years ago and reckoned that a good remould was better than a cheap newbie. Given some experiences I've had with Korean rubber I tend to agree, and Colway do make some very good tyres - used to use a lot when I was road rallying years ago.

Having said all that I would still say go for the BFG's. They will probably last for 20 - 30k miles so on that basis they almost certainly work out cheaper

Roger
                  Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

www.bronco4x4.com have a wide choice take a peak
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

Using this calculator it comes up with 267/76/15. Does that mean 265/75/R15 would be better than 265/70s? Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I've seen both sizes on the forum.

Cheers,

T.

http://www.xtremeterrain.com/tire-si...on-metric.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by TASR12 View Post
                        Using this calculator it comes up with 267/76/15. Does that mean 265/75/R15 would be better than 265/70s? Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I've seen both sizes on the forum.

Cheers,

T.

http://www.xtremeterrain.com/tire-si...on-metric.aspx
                        We can save this thread, nine years in a coma pah! ... Clear!

Comment

.....so long in fact that bronco 4x4 aren't around anymore!
                          ======
                          Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Working...
                          X