Off roading today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off roading today

Went off roading today at Nor-Trak, had the who;e site to myself, had great fun.

Pic and vids here http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...znik/Nor-Trak/

However I managed to break the exhaust pipe from its wleds and its now rubbing against the mud flap

I'm looking to apply a quite fix, so suggestions would be appreciated.
    There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Nice scenery/site . Shame no one else went with you .
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I'm not surprised you broke your exhaust, the rear of your truck is practically dragging on the ground!

You desperately need new rear springs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        I'm not surprised you broke your exhaust, the rear of your truck is practically dragging on the ground!

You desperately need new rear springs.
        I have new springs, they are sitting in the garage in a box, waiting for someone to fit them.

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        Nice scenery/site . Shame no one else went with you .

I have no friends
        Last edited by onlynik; 16 April 2007, 09:53.
        There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Nice ground. No chance of getting scratched by trees there! Great to be in an open space as opposed to forest.

Dave

Comment

I had to wait for the ferry............

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
              Nice ground. No chance of getting scratched by trees there! Great to be in an open space as opposed to forest.

Dave
              Aye, plenty of space, and water and mud too. but since the exhaust pipe needs to be fixed before I can move, the Surf is sitting outside the house, still covered in mud.

Going to buy spring compressers tonigt and attempt to change the springs myself.

Comment

I did the same, bought compressors and got stuck in. Unfortunately I couldn't manage it with the compressors I bought, they simply couldn't be used so tight against the chassis. I ended up going to a pal with a hoist. We jacked up the body and the job was childs play. Took 30 mins. A local garage quoted me 4hrs-2days labour!

There's loads on here about folk that have managed it themselves. The other obstacle I had was a sloping drive and once the rear's in the air there's not much stopping the 2 tonnes from rolling.........

Dave

Comment

I did the same, bought compressors and got stuck in. Unfortunately I couldn't manage it with the compressors I bought, they simply couldn't be used so tight against the chassis. I ended up going to a pal with a hoist. We jacked up the body and the job was childs play. Took 30 mins. A local garage quoted me 4hrs-2days labour!

There's loads on here about folk that have managed it themselves. The other obstacle I had was a sloping drive and once the rear's in the air there's not much stopping the 2 tonnes from rolling.........

Dave
                  I'll just have to obtain a trolley jack and some axle stands. Should be able to find some in my local car accessory shop.

Comment

Alright Nik,good pics there. What you think of Nortrack then???
                    Only been there once and it was my first ever pay 'n play site. Some good sections through the site. The bomb holes were good when i went,plenty of water.
                    www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Originally posted by smithsurf
                      Alright Nik,good pics there. What you think of Nortrack then???
                      Only been there once and it was my first ever pay 'n play site. Some good sections through the site. The bomb holes were good when i went,plenty of water.
                      I had a good time, as I had the whole site to myself. There was some water, and it was just deep enough for me (no snorkel you see) and what seemed like a pit of mud, was slightly worried about my radiator. However the guy that runs it, Steve, was a really nice had a chat with him during the day, he even offered me a half price deal for htis Sunday too, and got discount for being a member on here.

Not sure if there is enough to do for more than a few hours however, Steve had said that he did have plans to extend it, but because of the aerchological history of the ground and council intervention, he ii having some trouble.

Comment

Replaced the rear springs today, did it inside as it was peeing it down, now its beautiful and sunny, time for a picnic.

Comment

Picnic????

Its lashing it down here!!!

Comment

Picnic????

Its lashing it down here!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X