Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lewis Hamilton Show

Watched the Lewis Hamilton show this afternoon,

Sorry i meant the grand prix from Bahrain.

Some good battles from the mid to back of the field, but with ITV, it`s just lewis, lewis, lewis.

Their gonna ruin it for him and all the others if their not carefull.

Don`t get me wrong, he did really well; but come on

Jenson up to his normal standard.He needs to lay off the beer and parties abit.

Boxhead Coultard did better than normal,but a drive shaft went.At least he had a proper excuse this time.
    Stella Artois

Its a shame they keep getting where he lives wrong....

He lives in Tewin nearer to Welwyn garden city than Stevenage

I wish they would get their facts right
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

'tiss a "sport" for brats now the schumeister has gone, almost as bad as bike racing without Doohan! A weans game.

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
        Its a shame they keep getting where he lives wrong....

He lives in Tewin nearer to Welwyn garden city than Stevenage

I wish they would get their facts right

Ermm no he doesn't, not any more
        Was born in Stevenage and educated in Stevenage and spent most of his time (when not racing in Stevenage, hung around with a mates son). Lived in Tewin but now lives in Woking, Surrey to be nearer the Mclaren HQ.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

TAKEN FROM AUTOSPORT.............

Williams praises 'superhuman' Hamilton

By Jonathan Noble Monday, April 16th 2007, 08:58 GMT

Lewis Hamilton has already earned countless plaudits for the stunning start he has made to his Formula One career, but now team boss Frank Williams has upped the ante by labeling the McLaren rookie as 'superhuman.'

Hamilton is the first F1 driver to take a podium finish in his first three races, and his second place at Bahrain has turned him into a genuine title contender as he moved into the joint lead of the world championship with Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen.

Now Williams, who has close hand knowledge of dealing with rookie hype after he took on Jenson Button in 2000, believes that Hamilton can already be put in the same bracket as Michael Schumacher in terms of a force in F1.

"I thought after we got rid of Michael, 'now we've got a chance again.' But then another superhuman turns up," said Williams. "Michael was many things, but he was also a very, very simple human.

"Hamilton is a different character I think, but purely in terms of calibre or quality of skill, what I'm seeing so early in this man's career is remarkable."

Although some viewed the dominance that Schumacher achieved at times of his career as bad for the sport, Williams thinks that Hamilton is great news for F1 - as he serves to increase its popularity.

"Hamilton is still a baby, so to speak, but dishing out loads of trouble already," said Williams. "I mean that in the nicest possible way. I cry he's not in a Williams but I rejoice for F1. I really do."

Even the more cynical observers, who did not instantly praise Hamilton at the start of the season, now believe they have seen enough to be convinced about how good he is.

Scuderia Toro Rosso owner Gerhard Berger admitted he had doubts about Hamilton's hunger for success because his career had been backed all the way by McLaren. But he is sure now that the youngster is the real deal.

"I have to congratulate McLaren because I had doubts about him before," the Austrian said. "From karting onwards, when you have everything, you don't know how to fight for it.

"So I wasn't sure about him - but now I have to say he's very impressive. He seems to be a nice guy, very clean – it's a win-win situation for Lewis and McLaren.

"He is not just somebody just coming in and being quick. You can see he's using the car, using his own potential to the maximum but never going off.

"He's looking to Alonso to learn, and you never see him over-driving the car. When the camera is on him, he always looks in control. And he looks like a guy with a lot of brains."

McLaren have worked hard to try and keep expectations on Hamilton in check, amid fears that if he was too hyped he could be heavily criticised for the inevitable rookie mistakes.

But team boss Ron Dennis now thinks that Hamilton has done enough not to face much criticism if he does get things wrong in the future.

"He is at that point now that he has got enough brownie points in his pocket where he can lose some without getting some severe criticism," Dennis stated.

now that's praise from sir frank
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Hamilton is God

He has been nurtured by McClaren since he was a boy, he is doing well but the hype is annoying, still it takes the limelight off mediocre Jenson (I could be a contender) Button, I hope the hype dies down a bit and Hamilton continues to do well.

Comment

Originally posted by mayto
              He has been nurtured by McClaren since he was a boy, he is doing well but the hype is annoying, still it takes the limelight off mediocre Jenson (I could be a contender) Button, I hope the hype dies down a bit and Hamilton continues to do well.
              I'm inclined to agree.

Jenson would do better if he didn't spend so much time trying to get out of contracts he signed. then changed his mind.

it's even better to see a Mclaren finishing a race

but can we have the v10's back now please
              Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650

but can we have the v10's back now please
                Nah, lets have the 1500cc turbos back! A couple of spectacular detonations every race kept things interesting. F1 Russian Roulette
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                  Jenson would do better if he didn't spend so much time trying to get out of contracts he signed. then changed his mind.
                  He'll always be exactly what he is. He's a good driver. He'll never be a great one, though.

Comment

He'll always be exactly what he is. He's a good driver. He'll never be a great one, though

This is true, his only win came in Hungary when all the front runners crashed or retired through mechanical failure, and would you trust his word, I wouldn't buy a second hand Surf of him

Comment

You lot are all forgeting the 2004 season where they were third in the constructors and out doing renault As BAR the honda intergration has not gone well
                      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

They have gone downhill since they lost Dave Richards

Comment

Originally posted by mayto
                          They have gone downhill since they lost Dave Richards
                          Prodrive is in it next year
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Yeah, I think Richards will have something to prove, what engines are they using?

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                              Prodrive is in it next year

What? Scooby racing?

They are down the road from me in Banbury
                              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                              X