Parcel Farce!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parcel Farce!

I'm working from home today as I am waiting for my snorkel to be delivered. My joyful exuberance of finally getting it has been dashed by Parcel Farce!

Because I ordered it from the US, I had to pay a fee when it came into customs, no problem there. I got a letter from P/F telling me it is in Oxford depot, here is the charge, so I went online and paid it then scheduled delivery for today, told my boss I was working from home and waiting like an overly well endowed canine.....

I just called them to find out where it is, as their online tracking system has 'Held' as the latest status.....

It's still in Kidlington, not assigned for delivery and I paid too fast! Because the letter to tell me of the customs charge comes from customs, not the depot, they hadn't logged it onto their system by the time I paid - so the upshot it, I now have to collect it from Kidlington, 20 odd miles away, or work from home on Monday......

So, I'm off to Kidlington later today to get it - damn you Parcel FARCE!!!!!!!!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Yeah is no wonder the PO is in such a state, their $hit scared their going to miss out on their cut, they just lost a DVD i got through ebay
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

A few years back I bought a mini disk player, and Parcel Farce left it in one of the recycling bins at the front of my house, because I was out, rather than leave a card or take it to a neighbour....

The bin was emptied by the council before I got home....so when I phoned and asked where my delivery was, the company had to send out a new one, and said they have all kinds of problems with P/F......

Comment

I don't think they are bad at all.

In my expirence the worst was Initial City Link. THey don't even bother to leave cards saying they have been.
        There are 10 kind of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

'There's no place like 127.0.0.1'

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
          In my expirence the worst was Initial City Link. THey don't even bother to leave cards saying they have been.

Agh! I hate those b@stards.

I buy an awful lot of tat on ebay and people are for ever using City Link. Everytime I get something from them, I have to phone their depot to make an appointment, then drive to Barking and stand in a queue for an hour to get it.

They refuse to arrange a more convenient delivery time or deliver to work. I want to kill them all.

Comment

Originally posted by onlynik
            I don't think they are bad at all.

Interlink........dropped a £24,000 Compaq server on the tow hitch of their van when delivering it to a client and tried to ignore it - the case was dented, the chassis was bent...huge scratches.....not impressed at all

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
              Interlink........dropped a £24,000 Compaq server on the tow hitch of their van when delivering it to a client and tried to ignore it - the case was dented, the chassis was bent...huge scratches.....not impressed at all
              You're going to make my head explode!!

Those are the people that refused to even deliver it once. I had to phone, make a specific 15 minute appointment, drive to Essex, sign in to their site, wait 10 minutes for someone to answer the door and wait another ten minutes for the trained monkey to go and get it.

Honestly, they're all terrible. People should stick to the post or just take it themselves.

Comment

royal mail are the $$$$$$$s.
                i ordered a girling master cylinder for my rs2000 i had a few years ago.
                i had waited a whole week, then called the shop i ordered from. they gave me the ref and said to call royal snail. i was told it was delivery attempted and a note was put through the door. i asked the time they attempted.
                put it this way, i got to work at just before 8, they said they had tried at 830 - 9, and a note was put through the door - this was all complete rubbish. after 3 times of this, i asked them to keep it at the depot and i would get it. then i was told they didnt know where it was.
                i spoke to the manager down there, and he just gave me attitude like it was my fault.
                i cut my losses, sold the bilstein front suspension for some standard ones, then sold the car for what i paid. but im still 90 odd quid down from royal mail
                what annoyed me is that he pretty much had a go at me. for nothing!
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Let's set up our own Surf based delivery service......

Comment

All carriers are the same. only as good as their weakest link, If the chap in the lorry is dodgy or careless the the company gets the grief for it. When I lived the other side of Warwick, EVERYTHING that was supposed to be delivered by parcelforce went 'missing' -that was over 3 years, now, different driver, and he even brings parcels sent to my house into the shop if i'm not at home!
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

i orderd a £200 lexmark printer and i wasnt home when they come to the house so they threw it over the top of a 6ft fence and dident leave a card so it was out all night with it pouring down with rain
                      I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Toyota posted out 2 unions for my diff breathers and they never arrived so they ordered them again and posted them out and still not arrived.The Toyota guy rang up on Tuesday and asked if they had arrived and i said no so he is going to order another 2 and i will go and collect them so i know i've got them this time.Thats royal mail for you
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                        X