?for all you surf boffins on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom 18
    I changed mine on my 2.4 a couple of weeks ago it was a mission.
    Steering wheel off colum shroud off switches out heater outlets out half the dash off just to get to the glass bit. Then you have to take that apart. Prise the needle off carefully. Keep all the screws you take out in order they need to go back in the same places.
    Steve.
    is it really worth the hastle? isnt it easier to remember just to go 10mph slower than what the speedo says? no one is ever accurate anyway.
    but if your willing, you can do mine too, my needle is roughly fine, i just want nice needles that havnt been sun-bleached
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyppe
      is it really worth the hastle? isnt it easier to remember just to go 10mph slower than what the speedo says? no one is ever accurate anyway.
      but if your willing, you can do mine too, my needle is roughly fine, i just want nice needles that havnt been sun-bleached
      No its not worth it I put my needle back on and its way out. But after the agro it can stay like it. One day if I'm bored I'll do it, but I doubt I'll ever get that bored.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

I have no problem helping you with yours mate it only takes about ten mins on a third gen to the dash off
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

wish i had known that before. i just sold my bmw - advertised with stereo, because i had planned to take mine out my truck and swap them over.
          in the end i couldnt be bothered with the hastle and let the bmw go with a £200 quid clarion from usa with anti skip 30 odd seconds advance read, mp3, windows media etc etc playback.

o well, least i have the radio. the usa stereo cant be tuned in to uk stations as their stuff is weird as usual.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

wish i had known that before. i just sold my bmw - advertised with stereo, because i had planned to take mine out my truck and swap them over.
            in the end i couldnt be bothered with the hastle and let the bmw go with a £200 quid clarion from usa with anti skip 30 odd seconds advance read, mp3, windows media etc etc playback.

o well, least i have the radio. the usa stereo cant be tuned in to uk stations as their stuff is weird as usual.
            The offer is there mate if you want to change the sterio
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
              heres a question for all you surf boffins on here. i finally got to check my speed out yesterday n i was doing 50 mph while m8 was at side of me doing 60mph n we was side by side so it means im going 10 mph over whats on the clock any ideas how to sort it out plz ? i know i'll just have to travel at 20 in a 30 zone n so on till i can get the right reading any advice would be welcome
              Did you check any other speed.....because if you have larger wheel it may effect the speed you travle. So when doing 10mph you are in fact doing 12 mph and so on...... 20 = 24mph..... 30 = 36 ......40 = 48 ......50 = 60mph

So I cannot see winding your needle back helping unless when stopped at traffic lights your reading 10mph...

Mark

(whoops missed the bit where you say your tyres are standard...)
              Last edited by madcampbell; 13 April 2007, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                as i will probably be doing this for Will,what exactly do i have to do?Is it just prise the needle off the spline and put back on again

What year is the Surf?
                Has the speedo face got a pin for the needle to rest on?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  What year is the Surf?
                  its a late 92 kreg.I haven't looked at the dash yet to see whether there is a pin for the needle to rest on
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                    its a late 92 kreg.I haven't looked at the dash yet to see whether there is a pin for the needle to rest on

If it's a '92 then the speedo will be electronic with a pin/stop for the needle.
                    Prise the needle off using a fork, then connect the multiplugs back in and switch on ignition, then re-fit the needle so that it's just touching the pin/stop.
                    Switch off ignition and re-assemble the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      If it's a '92 then the speedo will be electronic with a pin/stop for the needle.
                      Prise the needle off using a fork, then connect the multiplugs back in and switch on ignition, then re-fit the needle so that it's just touching the pin/stop.
                      Switch off ignition and re-assemble the dash.
                      Thanks Vince.I'll get him to bring the surf down next week sometime to have a go at it

Comment

Posted by BUSHWHACKER
                        What year is the Surf?
                        its a k reg 92 n yes it has a needle to rest on

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                          its a k reg 92 n yes it has a needle to rest on
                          too late Will its all sorted.You just need to get your truck here one day next week

Comment

lmao@rich yeah it looks like i was m8 i had to check to see if there was a needle stop lol

Comment

Working...
                            X